Thread: Windows Indexing Program giving low rate to my new purchased Lenovo T520

Windows Indexing Program giving low rate to my new purchased Lenovo T520

Welcome all; I actually just obtained a Lenovo T520 as well as my twin blood mate. Both of our workstations have the same specs:
    • i7 Quad Core 2.2GHz
    • NVIDIA 4200M
    • 4 GB RAM
    • 500 GB Hard Drive
    • Windows 7 Pro

So anyways, we got them in on Thursday and we both ran the Windows Indexing Program to rate our frameworks, each score was the same with the exception of his processor scored a 7.4 out of 7.9 and my processor is enduringly scoring a 3.4 out of 7.9. I have no idea concerning why this is event, I have upped every last trace of the electric cell appearance levels before running the Windows Indexing Program. Any data on the most proficient method to update this and get my PC running how it might as well could be excellently treasured.

Re: Windows Indexing Program giving low rate to my new purchased Lenovo T520

My theory is yours would not be able to be determined to display. You are able to check by clicking on the electric cell symbol on the errand bar. Since yours is on equalized or whatever possible than appearance, then you’re not getting full capacity every last trace of the time. Just when required.

Same with me as I have both are situated to full display and with Turbo Boost Enabled by going into Lenovo Power Manager. Likewise all alternate Windows Index Scores are the same excluding the processor. I'm speculation probably it might be that everything my centers are not prepared as I have a Quad Core, but genuinely I have no idea.

About as an upgrade, I downloaded and ran PCMark7 on both frameworks, my laptop (the one being referred to) appropriated a score of 1132 PCMarks while my siblings furthermore accepted a score of 2132 PCMarks

OK, attempt these beneath strides:
    1. Sort "MSCONFIG" in the venture confine the begin menu
    2. Head off to the Boot Tab
    3. Click on "Advanced Options"
    4. Uncheck the container for "Number of Processors" and "Max Memory"
    5. Click "OK"
    6. Reboot
    7. Now check if CPU-Z indicates 4 centers (it might as well now)

My PCMark7 score is 4155 on AC, the Windows WEI rating is 6.9. Both the RAM and the SSD make up for why my appearance is practically twofold what you are encountering (i7-2820QM processor precipitates some improvement as well). Utilizing the SSD for the OS permits me, to utilize the HDD for information space and pagefile. The sum total of my provisions + the OS fit on the SSD will room to spare (26GB unhindered). A better symptom the HDD rotations down following 2 moments and the framework ends up absolutely calm. One of my cousins had the same and he was not sure why Windows 7 Boot has the processor box checked, but I've perceived on this HP units besides. Unchecking this container permits Windows to utilize the full processor. CPU-Z was giving an account of 2 guts when it there were positively 4 hearts. Now, CPU-Z indicates 4 centers as it ought to. The more gigantic issue is why the case moved toward getting checked in the in front of the pack. Both T520's were raised indistinguishably and at the same time.

You will observe some distinction by uniting the more 4GB of RAM owed to the absence of paging. The working set on my framework (W520, 16GB) is around 3.88GB. Moreover, the extraneous memory will likewise permit the framework to run double channel which will yield yet a different display help but minor. The Intel 310 mSata SSD 80GB ($199) that I instated diminished the Windows 7 boot time from 2 min 37 sec to 46 sec for full desktop purpose.