Thread: Fan error on Lenovo thinkpad T61.

Fan error on Lenovo thinkpad T61.

Hey friends, I am using Lenovo thinkpad T61 from the last few weeks and now I am facing the problem with the FAN. My system turned itself off without warning any time. And after that when I am trying to restart it then it shows the "Fan error". I am really waiting for the any response, can you please help me to get out of this problem.

Re: Fan error on Lenovo thinkpad T61.

In this case, I will suggest you to call on the support and ask them for the FRU number of fan. If our are doing this then they will ask you for the serial number with Machine type . hope this think will help you.

In this case, I will suggest you to call on the support and ask them for the FRU number of fan. If our are doing this then they will ask you for the serial number with Machine type . hope this think will help you.
    Thanks, I will make them a call and also I wont be able to be hold forever. Now I want to know that what temps should be for this system? When my fan is working my system ran over 60C under no load, I want to know that is this thing is normal?

Hey, I am also using the Lenovo thinkpad T61 and here my fan is making annoying noises. Now I am planning to change the fan and want to get the new fan. I would like to know that which one is correct one?

Sorry, still I have not found that which fan I am using. I am normally using my fan to cool my system by aiming. Now my system is reporting the cooler temps than before I had fan problems. Recently I opened my laptop to see what is happening in my laptop and at that time I see that Lenovo goofed when they put the machine together. Then I decided to remove the crimped section and spliced the wire back together. But after this also I am facing the same problem, same fan error when I starting my system. But in this case I don’t want to buy the new fan for my system. Any one have any other suggestion about this thing?

Buy the way, I will suggest you try to open your case and see that if your fan is full of dust and blow it out, this thing might happens because your system is showing the fan error. I am sure that your fan is full of dust, so try to open your case and remove the fan fron the system and clean it carefully. After cleaning this again attach it back to the system. Hope this thing will be helpful for you.

Since the last 5months, I am also having the same problem- noisy whirring fan, my system was also getting not start and it was also giving the fan error. After this, I esc out of the fan error without any more problem on this topic. Before few days I decided to open my case and after opening this I saw that my system fan have dust on it. But at that time I was having the 616 days for warranty so I replaced my that fan and now my new fan is running too good. I will also recommend you to do the same.

Buy the way, I will suggest you try to open your case and see that if your fan is full of dust and blow it out, this thing might happens because your system is showing the fan error. I am sure that your fan is full of dust, so try to open your case and remove the fan fron the system and clean it carefully. After cleaning this again attach it back to the system. Hope this thing will be helpful for you.
    thanks for the reply. i am trying with you suggestion and getting good benefit