Thread: Should i self upgrade or factory install of SSD on Lenovo Thinkpad T420?

Should i self upgrade or factory install of SSD on Lenovo Thinkpad T420?

Recently I am planning for the new Lenovo ThinkPad T420, with the SSD instead of the HDD. But in this I am confused that what I have to do, mean that can I go to buy Lenovo pre-configured with an SSD or else I should upgrade it? Is I should upgrade de it then I have so many questions that:
    For which SSD should I buy for this and will this thing require the recovery disc for the new drive in my Lenovo ThinkPad T420. And I would also like to know that are there any benefits of having the preinstalled SSD over upgrading. Anyone please help me to buy my new Lenovo ThinkPad T420 with SSD.

Re: Should i self upgrade or factory install of SSD on Lenovo Thinkpad T420?

You want to buy the new Lenovo ThinkPad T4210 and you are asking that would you take the new Lenovo laptop with the predefined SSD or else after buy this you should upgrade it? Then I will tell you that it will be good for you that you buy your Lenovo ThinkPad with predefined SSD. I am telling you this thing because it will good for you to not replace your HDD with the new SSD after buying new Lenovo ThinkPad. If you are thinking to do so then after few times it might happens that it has start reporting the error and no other option is there in front of you except calling the Lenovo service center then at this time it may happens that they are asking you that why you changed your HDD with the new SSD your self. They have the right to ask that because if the ThinkPad opened once by anyone else then they will not give you the warranty period of the ThinkPad. So in this case it will good for you to buy your Lenovo ThinkPad with the predefined SSD and don’t think to buy a ThinkPad and aft that you should replace the HDD with the new SSD by your self.

Hey friend, I am having Intel 310 mSATA currently installed in my system. My Lenovo think pad was having the 500gb hard drive installed init and also I the Lenovo backup/recovery plan to burn backup disks. Using this thing I unplug the HD and installed the mSATA, to restore the mSATA I uses the backup disk. Except the loading the drivers and utility there is no special that how the OS is installed at the factory. If you are having the choice to replace your HDD with the new SSD so you can replace it no problem in this, and if you are getting some problem then you can again replace it to the original position.

I agree with your upgrade, that an SSD may be the way for you to go. Depending on the availability you can get the 80 GB Intel 310 mSATA SSD for $170-19o, and also there is other cheaper option. I think that this will give you the both words like: for the operating system faster disk performance and also it will provide you the more space for the files on the mechanical disk.

According to me, market equipment come with its own warranty, if you once open that equipment than at that time it might happens that warranty will be lost. I am telling you this all things because of I ordered my T420 with a single 4GB memory module and after market, I added one more to it. Again this thing is easy to do and also at this time your warranty is not void. I think that Lenovo ThinkPad T420 have the 500 GB available for it. This was Seagate ST9500420AS and came with it from the factory itself.

Sorry for being wrong but my Lenovo ThinkPad T420 is having only 320 GB 7mm drive available as a mechanical-disk, I think that it must came with the bigger rubber rails or else what ever I hold it in the place. Now I am deciding to get the new 500 GB 7200 RPM drive.

Using the Recovery Media is a good way to perform the initial installation of the OS and drivers onto the mSATA drive, since it will make sure that all the proper Lenovo drivers and management software are installed.
    I think that in this case you will not bale to see any speed in the performance; I am saying you this thing because Intel will be faster on small random reads, so I think that in case of the 500GB SSD you will face snappy response from an SSD.