Thread: Can’t restart twonky in western digital my book live?

Can’t restart twonky in western digital my book live?

I have a 1 TB My Book Live and Twonky Media Server was working very well, then last night it stopped. I tried again and again; turn the unit off, my router, Mac, all to try to sign in again. My Xbox 360 and the service are not obviously either.

All that distorted in the UI Twonky before this bizarre error, was that the Xbox is seen by the default folder. It worked for a few minutes following that stopped working and cannot contact the GUI. This is a big part of the network at my house, how I can get back into work as soon as possible? I've even tried using a backup of previous configuration of the last month. A factory reset is not an option because they have backups do not want to lose.

Re: Can’t restart twonky in western digital my book live?

The reason I had to reboot the server to do to re-examine the new content. Defect was -1, which is assumed to be constant scanning. I changed it to 10 minutes and had to restart Twonky. Got the little arrow and circle please wait message, but Twonky never returned after hours to shut the browser and now cannot access the user interface. I'm using a laptop 64-bit Windows Vista and also have a running Ubuntu 4.11 beta.

NAS is a good album, but it is a pity that the political support of Western Digital does not seem bad. They are following the example of Apple with the look of it. With Apple, its computers are now infected with fake anti-virus programs. Political apples is if it is determined that this is the case, in addition to directing the user in good faith in few antivirus companies, the user should not be assisted. The solution is pretty easy and a simple Google search reveals the solution. Now I'm beginning to believe that Western Digital you can take the same position. The ruling could be stupidly simple, as in this case delete two files and leave TwonkyMedia create the database, but no Western Digital's response is to remove the lot to fix.

Code:
    Enable SSH (http://mybooklive/UI/ssh) and login as `root` using the SSL client.
     Commands to issue at the Linux command prompt:-
    cd /Cache Volume/twonkymedia
    mv db.info PossiblyCorrupt_db.info
    mv twonky.db PossiblyCorrupt_twonky.db
    Logout
    Now you will be able to login on dash board of twonky server.

Your simple solution worked as charm.Great tip.I also faces this problem and was on the verge of giving up. Then worked. Twonky saw this message and now retains its configuration, updates its database and anatomical data streams through. However I have couple of queries.

• A) When I bought my drive and connected to the system is shown as 3TB Now it is showing 2.7TB against planned. Where is the rest of the space? Is it recoverable or brand to use the system.
    • B) I have always found that if I can move files within the action happens fairly quickly, but when I tried to move a large file through the actions of his time.Why takes much of this is.?

Depends on how you're doing your math. Sorry for the long number, but most "marketing" terms means that 1 TB is 1,000,000,000,000 bytes. But computers calculated using the base 2 in mathematics, where a terabyte is actually.1, 099,511,627,776 bytes. Therefore, conversion, 3's Marketing team to tuberculosis is 3.89.

Good luck with that. I have enough hard time explaining to people the difference between a Gigabyte and a terabyte. Dreading the idea of adding to the mix .You do not know how many times I've heard people refer to things such as "Terabits" "Giga etc.

Well, good or bad, the conventions are difficult to avoid. The electricity is still usually shown, by convention, the flow from + to - even though the electrons are actually flowing from - to +, and land "north" magnetic pole is actually the "south" of magnetic pole, as defined Magnetic poles as indicated by the "north" and the opposites attract and repel. Therefore, since in the world of computing prefixes have been used base 2, long before Microsoft was founded, I see no change, whether "official" or not, catching the night. I see that "stuck" with 1K = 1024 for quite some time.