Thread: LED not working in Western Digital My Book Live

LED not working in Western Digital My Book Live

My Western Digital My Book Live has been working well for several months. Apart from some initial problems getting the firmware update first, has been great. Today I decided to review only the physical drive, and found no light on the front. I tried to access some files on it, and it worked fine. I tried to start the control panel from the icon in the system tray and failed, but this was not surprising since I see that very often. I started the user interface through the IP address and saw that there was a firmware update available. So I tried to make the fire off and did not work. I tried again and it worked, although it took a long time to complete. I finally realized that the date and time out for a couple of days.

During the updating of the LED in red wine. At the end of the update, which was left blank? I rebooted the MBL using the option to restart from the control panel and it seems to work fine, but there is no LED light is on. The date and time are updated. I think the LED (s) has gone wrong. My theory is that there is red, blue and green LEDs and when they would go "white", all three had to be. But if the blue and green LED is dead, then it just appeared RED. I repeat that I have not seen any problems with the device file, and others have to try updating the firmware twice, is behaving well. I will try to turn it off and do a complete re-power thing, but I was wondering if anyone here had seen a problem like this?

Re: LED not working in Western Digital My Book Live

You should talk to WD customer care Representative. If there is any fault in hard drive than they will immediately replace it. Try contacting them via email .I hope your problem will be solved as soon as possible.

There may be a hardware problem, and there is definitely a firmware problem or the documentation. Like you, the road, my LED is blue. It turns green when access to the unit. Only flashes blue. I restarted the unit and presented the three primaries: red / blue / green, so I know it's not a hardware failure LED.

I have the same problem. I bought my Mybooklive in July and this past weekend the green light stopped working. If restarting the LED turns from red to blue to white. Except that you can backup to disk and access files on it without problems. I updated the latest firmware 2 weeks ago without problems. It's annoying because there is no way now to see the status of the unit, except when the software. I really like to see an answer to this trouble.

I do not think the firmware update was the fix for this. In fact I'm not sure if the cause of the problem. I have mine without any problems. I upgraded the firmware, but I cannot say for sure whether the problems started before I upgraded LED or not. I just know it worked well for a couple of months.

I have the same problem when I started to blue light comes on for a bit, a quick flashing red and then turns off. I'm afraid when I have to recover files that there is nothing there. This is my first external hard drive and if I had known what the problems and lack of support that would have been elsewhere

Just to fill all in the last update refers to an LED light that is burned (potentially). What made the management units are "bad" state in the dashboard and, potentially, a red LED light. It seems as if what you are describing in this thread that the LED lights cannot be operational from a physical level. I sent some of you PM to see if we have RMA'd units and sent myself to research.

This means that the LED status is written to the file "/ usr / local / NAS / led color" and a process should go for the state and change the color of the LED accordingly. When he looked at her, my being white LED was supposedly "green."Color only thing that works is red. BLUE is in black and white is white.

Curious that the target malfunctioned. If the target is achieved by turning red, green and blue, I believe echoing WHITE RED be supposed to demonstrate if this is a hardware difficulty. I more'd script you mentioned and decided to stay away from those files.

Yes `/ usr / local / sbin / monitorio.sh 'is constantly running. Actually is responsible for putting the car to sleep and wake up it's best to put / usr / local / sbin / monitorio.sh `well alone, but no damage in a look .

I'm still not a blue LED test yet (my NAS is under a load of most of the time two days now), but I think when I woke up this morning and the unit was on stand-by for a short time and a blue was not really working .(I reconfirm this in the next 24 hours), but green LED works! That is a fact.

Interesting. There is even an option to disable the LED.

Code:
    echo off> / usr / local / NAS / led_color
    As soon as you connect the mine and turned it into what I have to update so if it's a software problem after the first few minutes that could have had the same problem but never realized

I am inclined to believe that there is a weakness somewhere in the hardware. I do not think it's bad LEDs. The fact that there are all kinds of reports of one or two LEDs of all colors to give up work leads me to believe that there may be some weakness in the circuit that controls the LED. The controller circuit is a little more than a simple LED circuit; it seems to be controlled by software. So any driver circuit could fail, pulling one or two or even three of the LEDs. Unless there is a problem complicated software that is creating this problem, I'm thinking it is a minor electrical fault.