Thread: Spilled soda on Thinkpad T500 keyboard

Spilled soda on Thinkpad T500 keyboard

Hi, I am using Thinkpad T500 and I accidental spilled a bottle of soda on it. but as this happed I have detached the battery and all the necessary component from the laptop and keep them as it was and as they get dwell I just attached them all and all the thing works perfectly except the keyboard, so I don’t know what shall I do now in order to get it work again. if suppose the keyboard gets some damaged then would it be replaced ? do I claim warranty?

And there is very awful fumes came from it so how do it remove It ?

any suggestion would greatly appreciated.

Re: Spilled soda on Thinkpad T500 keyboard

I think you should try to detach all the hardware again and make sure that the backside of the keyboard gets purely dwell or not. Because it might be possible that if there would be any soaked surface that causes such a problem, and you would be happy if this is the only reason and if suppose the internal circuit which actually functions the keyboard gets damaged then it would lead you to very high expanse.

You should test all the circuit and the hardware for sure then only you can figure out where is the actual problem.

I think you get to buy a new keyboard for sure because the thing is like If you were very lucky, the keyboard could be dried out and work properly again when you detached It, but I believe that, you should try the same thing again for once at least thus just disconnect the keyboard, and drape it up in some humid air anywhere to let it to quietly dry out.

Or perchance gust a warm but not hot rather hair dryer over the keyboard, when it is disconnected of course. And you don’t have to used it till all the sticky keys has been dwelled.

as the extent to I know you’ll not get the any such replacement for the hardware if they figure any problem in them as this was actually happened by you, and according to their norms rather rules the only parts are replaceable which is defected from company itself, and any physical damage through the victim is not considered anymore.

But still you’ll get the hardware from there only, I mean to say from support center only you’ll get the appropriate rather perfect hardware for your machine. but for that you must have to pay the amount which is necessary.

And off course you’ll get the warranty as well for the newer hardware, but remember one thing as if suppose you have made any replacement to any hardware from outside then surely it would void the warranty for other hardware as well, so be aware of such a condition, hence I would recommend you to defer their sites for the rules and regulation about the product.