Thread: ThinkPad X1 battery dead in before 24 hrs

ThinkPad X1 battery dead in before 24 hrs

I have recently installed the new Slice battery on the ThinkPad X1; I also got it full charge also. As I use the computer after couple of on / off it along with the standby mode, the battery shoes me 87 % where it shows the battery 2 error: The battery cannot be charged. Replace the battery. I have also tried to reset the battery status, such to drain and recharge it again. But it did not work then also, I think it cancel the first battery and just work proper on the power. When I connect it to the power then I get orange light for some time then it goes, the computer works better without the Slice battery. Does anyone also face the same problem as I am facing right now? So please suggest me to what to do.

Re: ThinkPad X1 battery dead in before 24 hrs

I would tell you to get it replaced as it might have some problem with the battery which is giving you such type of the problem. As you have taken the new battery recently then you will get it replaced and tell him to give a proper battery to not give problem again.

Actually no one likes to work on the DOA (Dead or Alive) machine or with the accessory also. I have not seen any such activities from the ThinkPad X1 users / owners which they are having any problem with X1. If I have got the same problem then I would put the battery in the maintenance cycle, which is to charge it fully then discharge it fully and then again charge it fully with the power management. If then it would have failed then I would call up the customer service center and would tell that I am facing such type of problem and would tell them to replace and give me the new one, I will also make sure that they would give me better battery for the usage.

You get the battery replaced as many users got the problem with the Lenovo ThinkPad X1 battery, you tell them to give other battery which might support the ThinkPad and also the battery does not give any problem while using.

Thank you for the suggestion, as I was also planning to call the customer care and the get the replacement of the battery and I will also make sure that the batter get been replaced as soon as possible as I have got my work with the laptop. My work is fully through the laptop, as I have to send some kind of the data and all the data is been stored in the laptop so I would do it on the urgent bases and also will see that it does not cost a peny from my pocket. I was frustrated with the problem I was use to get it daily and I was planning to buy the new laptop. So I will see the problem get solve if it is not getting solve then will go for the new laptop.