Thread: Unable to change the brightness of the Lenovo T400 after standby/resume-cycles

Unable to change the brightness of the Lenovo T400 after standby/resume-cycles

I am having the problem with the brightness of my Lenovo Thinkpad T400 laptop, when I press the function key (Fn) along with the Home-Key / End-Key, the brightness of the screen do not change. Even in the green brightness info bar which is also not displaying it, even if I try the other combination such as the Fn with F7 or the Fn with ScrLK, then also it is not working. It works better when I do a fresh boot. I think the problem is been related to the power management as it cause the standby / resume cycle or to change from the AC running to Battery running. It is happening with Lenovo T400 which ruining on the Vista 32bit, the software of the Lenovo is up-to-date. So please help me with this. Thank you.

Re: Unable to change the brightness of the Lenovo T400 after standby/resume-cycles

I was also having the same problem with me laptop, such that it comes out of the standby mode infrequently. For this problem I have used the lid trigger to go into the standby mode and also come out of it, I was use to do it 10 times a day. You also try it might help you.

Re: Unable to change the brightness of the Lenovo T400 after standby/resume-cycles

I was having the same problem regarding the brightness of the screen. My problem was seemed to be getting solved when I have update to the recent and to the latest updates of the Lenovo. When I have up dated then I was not finding the same problem again on my Laptop. So I would suggest you to update it once again and see that the new and the latest update might help you with the problem. If the problem is not been solved by the latest update then I would suggest you to call up the service center of the Lenovo computer and tell them to provide with the suggestion to solve the problem, but they will only tell to give it to them and will solve and give you back and also will cost you also.

As the above user have said the latest update do make it proper, yes it is. I was having problem when I have update to the latest software then I found that the problem is been lost and also it is not able to find on the laptop anymore for me. I was happy with the problem got solved.