Thread: What is the process for switching from BlackBerry Torch 9810 to BlackBerry Torch 9800?

What is the process for switching from BlackBerry Torch 9810 to BlackBerry Torch 9800?

Hey folks I am currently using Blackberry torch 9800 which is the awesome that I ever had and that only phone that I use from blackberry or you can say in simple words this is my first blackberry phone so now I am planning to get the new Blackberry torch 9810 for me I don’t want to leave the torch community so my new phone also will be the torch. Tell me how can transfer all my data including my phone numbers my text massages , e mails , apps and media etc ever thing to my new Blackberry torch 9810 anyone know this can please help

Re: What is the process for switching from BlackBerry Torch 9810 to BlackBerry Torch 9800?

Simple just load up the desktop software on your computer and under the device manager just go to Switch device option and you will be able to do what you are intended for. Just take a note of deselecting the third party applications in DTS and then reinstall the all available apps in the apps world - my world you can install it to some other location also if you wanted to do so . The reason has told you about leaving the third party application because you will get in to the unavailable apps problem. And you app won’t be copied to another device

Re: What is the process for switching from BlackBerry Torch 9810 to BlackBerry Torch 9800?

The best way is download Blackberry protect app form the app world and you would be able to transfer your data with it no you new phone or else take back up of your phone on the desktop pc and restore that back in to your new device

A word of advice don’t get any Apps from the old device to new one its sometime its give error to sycn

All the time I was wondering is it why out of 60 app that I was having in my BlackBerry Torch 9800 and only 2 were copied in BlackBerry Torch 9810 and The rest were under unavailable category in My World in BlackBerry App World I did every thin right but still I gone to switch device and ever thing was fine then why this happen.

Quote Originally Posted by Huron View Post
    The reason that i told you about leaving the third party application because you will get in to the unavailable apps problem. And you app won’t be copied to another device
    Thanks to you now I know why

Oh no I am not going to ask the name of those 58 App but still can you name few which are most popular among other

Just got the reason why is all those app why they dint transferred its because when you did device switch then it seems that brought over some App World BBID .cod files from your OS 6 device . The solution is still unclear its says use BBSAK to place the OS 7 versions of these files back but sadly I don’t know the files so it’s still now not applicable yet will try to find the solution soon