Thread: Microphone stopped working in lenovo thinkpad t500

Microphone stopped working in lenovo thinkpad t500

In my Lenovo ThinkPad t500 laptop I use internet and also manage my office work. From last some days my laptop has started giving me some issues. Now whenever I try to use Skype or any other massager at that time I can not use my mic which is very frustrating for me please help me to solve this issue.

Re: Microphone stopped working in lenovo thinkpad t500

As you have said that MIC has stopped working in your laptop and you are facing problem with it then I think you should try to solve this issue by reinstalling the smart audio application in your laptop and after reinstalling the smart audio application you have to check whether you are getting the same problem or not. I am suggesting you this solution because in Lenovo laptop this problem is very common and most of the times this problem occurs because of the smart audio application. First you have to uninstall the smart audio application form your laptop and after that you have to restart the laptop and after that you have to insert the drivers CD of your laptop and after that you have to install the smart audio application in your laptop and then your problem will get solved. I hope after reinstalling the drivers your microphone will start working.

Well I am aware of this issue and above solution is perfect for this issue. Most of the time smart audio application and after that we have to reinstall the smart audio in our system to solve this issue. you have to also check whether sound recording setting is proper or not.

Have you checked in your laptop that this problem is coming with the Skype messenger only or you are you are facing the same problem with other messenger also like yahoo massager or Google talk. if you have not checked with that then I will suggest you to first download the any of the messenger from the internet and after downloading the any of the messenger you have to install that massager in your laptop and after installing the messenger in your laptop you have to check whether you are able to use the microphone with that or not. if you get the same problem then you have to connect any external mic with your laptop and after that you have also check whether you are able to use the properly or not. if it worked fine then I think there might be something wrong with your laptop mic .

I don’t think this problem is occurring because of the drivers or massager but I think you are facing this problem because of the smart audio only. if you want to solve this issue than you have to first downed the updated version of the smart audio in your laptop and after that you have to install that in your laptop and after installing the when to try to mic as that time your problem will get solved.

After referring your post I have first try to solve this issue by reinstalling smart audio application in my laptop and after reinstalling the smart audio application also I was also facing the same problem and after that I have tried to solve this issue by downloading the yahoo messenger and when I have tried to use that with yahoo messenger at that time I didn’t face problem. Now please tell me how to fix this s problem.

As you have mentioned that you are facing this problem only with Skype messenger in your laptop and with other massager you are not having any issue then it means there might be something wrong with the Skype messenger setting and that is why I would like tell you that you should first check all the microphone rela6ted setting in your Skype messenger and after checking the setting you have to try to use the microphone and if you get the same problem then you have to uninstall the Skype messenger from your laptop and after that you have to restart the laptop. now after restarting the laptop you have to install the Skype messenger again your laptop and then you have to check whether your problem get resolved or not. as far as I know this is the massager issue only and after reinstalling the messenger your problem will get solved surly.

I am totally agree with the above post because there was similar problem occurred with my laptop also and after that I thought this problem is occurred because of the drivers and I reinstalled the drivers but after that also I was having the same issue and then I have reinstalled the Skype messenger and after that I was able to microphone with Skype messenger also.

Reinstalling the Skype messenger has solved the issue. When I have installed the yahoo messenger and after that when I have tried to use the microphone with that at that time I didn’t get any issue but after that I have read your solution and reinstalled the Skype in my laptop and after reinstalling the Skype messenger my problem resolved. Thank you for helping me and fixing my issue.