Thread: Blackberry torch 9810 is missing Mobile Hotspot features

Blackberry torch 9810 is missing Mobile Hotspot features

I recently bought Blackberry torch 9810 which runs on bb7 OS and I an very disappointed after knowing that the key feature I missing in phone that is “ MOBILE HOTSPOT “ I know it when last time I was using my Playbook in my friend’s house and I was not able to sent my brand new Blackberry torch 9810 as a mobile hotspot and on the other hand my friend who with his HTC with Android able to us my playbook with the mobile hotspot feature so anyone else feel embarrassing as this feature are included in Android but missed by the blackberry it’s such a shame anyone else with me

Re: Blackberry torch 9810 is missing Mobile Hotspot features

i notice that 3 days ago when suddenly I needed to use laptop and my phone was not able to connect using my Blackberry phone 9810 . I don’t understand what is wrong with this RIM all the time there will be some problem . I can’t see any reason to left out mobile hotspot in BB7 v OS seem really counterproductive. God know what do RIM needs to implement this feature ASAP.

The problem is the carriers. they don’t want their network Bogged down with people wirelessly tethering so they kept the DL .beside if you want to use bb wireless from Bluetooth then use tether for blackberry, it’s just the carrier's legal terms and stuff which RIM don’t want to mess around

I am using the blackberry bridge but I certainly like to use mobile hotspot feature on my mobile . internet tethering is also the another option for that but tethering get done basically the same tasks of accessing and whatnot but mobile spot is awesome fo doing other thing like Vita . Using internet tethering I was unable to access the Appworld but with friends android mobile hotspot characteristic that I can now access appworld and Android market.

No one ever mention that mobile hotspot is available in the Blackberry torch 9810 it was you wish to have it you can’t blame to RIM for that come on grow up

Quote Originally Posted by Beothuk View Post
    No one ever mention that mobile hotspot is available in the Blackberry torch 9810 it was you wish to have it you can’t blame to RIM for that come on grow up
    I think you should do some research before posting any comment on the forum ,Bell Mobility document shows Wi-Fi hotspot capability coming via software update so always when you are not confirm just do some research on the topic