Thread: Microphone is not working in lenovo thinkpad T520

Microphone is not working in lenovo thinkpad T520

I have Lenovo ThinkPad T520 laptop and I am facing problem with micro phone of this laptop. From last some days whenever I try to use the windows sound recorder at that that time I was not able to record anything it seems like there is not mic in my laptop now please tell me what should I do to solve this issue. if anyone facing the same issue and have solution for this then please help me.

Re: Microphone is not working in lenovo thinkpad T520

Have you check that whether you have in sound setting all the setting is proper. What about the microphone level setting? is the microphone level is increased or not. If it is not increased then you have to increase it first and after that check whether the result is.

In your laptop have you used any external mic in past? if you have used any external mic in past then I think this is the main reason why you are facing this problem. Whenever you connect any external mic with your laptop at that time our system changed default device from laptop inbuilt mic to external mic and after that when you disconnect the mic at that time system normally changed the default device to laptop inbuilt mic again but in some cases this does not happen and that is why we have to change it manually and after changing the device your problem will get solved surly. if you don’t know about how to change the default device then I will help you with that. first you have to open control panel in your laptop and after that you have to click on the hardware and sound option and after that you have to select the sound option and then you have to click on the recording tab and after that you have to select the default device of your laptop and after that click on the OK button and after that check whether you are having the same problem or not.

as you have said that you are facing this problem while using sound recorder in your laptop then I will suggest you first download the Skype messenger or yahoo messenger and after that install it in your laptop and after that try to do one voice call and check whether you are having the same issue or not.

This will help you to identify exact problem.

Try smart audio applications which have so many options for sound and recording. You will find the smart audio application in your control panel if you have installed it.

Well if you have not installed smart audio application then you have to download it from the internet. to download the smart audio application you have to first go to the Lenovo support site and after that you have to click on the drivers and downloads option. now after that you have to select the browse product option and then you have to select the your product by choosing the correct laptop series and model number and after that click on the ok and it will give you all the drivers list related to your laptop and after that you have to select the smart audio option and after that you have to download it in your laptop and then you have to install it in your laptop. Now after installing the smart audio option you have to restart the laptop and after that you have to you have to check whether you are getting the same problem or not.

I have tried to solve this issue by trying the above given tricks. First I have tried to fix this issue by selecting the default device as my in built mic but that doesn’t helped me to solve this.

After trying that I have also tried to solve this issue by download the smart audio application but no use from that.

When I have tried to check with yahoo messenger at that time also I get the same problem.

If I connect any external MIC at that time it worked fine.

Please suggest me more solution to solve this issue.

Have you tried to solve this issue by reinstalling the sound drivers in your laptop? if you have not tried this idea then I will suggest you that you should try to solve this issue by reinstalling the sound drivers in your laptop and after that your problem will get solved.

I will also suggest you the same solution which is mentioned above. I was also using the Lenovo laptop and I was facing the similar issue with my laptop and after that I have tried to solve this mIc issue by trying different solution and after trying thee different solution also I was facing the same issue with my laptop. Now after that I called Lenovo support and after that they have told me to solve this issue by reinstalling the drivers and after that I have done exact same thing with my laptop and I have reinstalled the drivers with my laptop. now after reinstalling the drivers in my laptop when ni have tried to use the mic at that time I didn’t get any issue. I think you should also try this solution to solve this issue and after that your problem will also get resolved.

Thank you so much for helping me trying to fix this issue. I have reinstalled the sound drivers in my laptop and after that also I was also facing the same problem. now after that I have download updated drivers from the Lenovo official site and then I have installed that drivers in my laptop. now after installing the updated drivers my problem get solved.