Thread: How to turn off the optical drive in Lenovo ThinkPad t500

How to turn off the optical drive in Lenovo ThinkPad t500

Hello friends I am using Lenovo ThinkPad t500 laptop and I want to know that in my laptop how can I turn off the my optical drive initially. if anyone have any idea regarding this then please let me know. I want to do this because some time green light of optical driver blinks without any reason. Please reply me as soon as possible.

Re: How to turn off the optical drive in Lenovo ThinkPad t500

Well as far as I know you there is no such option of to turn the optical drive initially off if you want to turn off the drive then you will have to do that from the BIOS setting. After doing this whenever you want to use the DVD at that time you have to turn on the drive BIOS again.

I don’t agree with the above post because there is a option in for disabling the Optical drive in our system. if you want to turn of the optical drive initially then you have to follow this steps.
    • First you have to open the control panel and after that you have to go to power options.
    • Now after that you have to click on the change plan setting.
    • Now after that you have to click on the system setting.
    • There you will find the option for the Automatic Optical Drive Power option and you have to turn it off and after that your problem will get solve.

As you have said that that your optical drive light blinks sometimes without any reason and that is why I would like to tell you that try to solve this problem by turning off the optical drive from the BIOS and after that you have to restart the laptop and after that you have to rub the registry cleaner and after that restart the laptop once again and then turn on the optical drive from there again and after that your problem might get solved.

Thank you so much as you have said that I have to turn off the Automatic Optical Drive Power option from the power manager and after reading that I have done same thing and after that I have also tried to solve this problem by turning off the optical drive from the BIOS and turning it on again but after doing that light stops blinking unnecessarily thank you for helping me.