Thread: Distorted display in Lenovo ThinkPad T61 with Nvidia NVS Quadro 140M

Distorted display in Lenovo ThinkPad T61 with Nvidia NVS Quadro 140M

I have Lenovo ThinkPad T61 laptop in which there is Nvidia NVS Quadro 140M GPU. From last some days I am continuously having problem with the display. When I start my laptop at from that time my display shows corrupted image. While using laptop my display changes the colors automatically and it is very frustrating. Now please tell me what should I do to fix this problem

Re: Distorted display in Lenovo ThinkPad T61 with Nvidia NVS Quadro 140M

As you have mentioned that you are facing problem with your display and you have Nvidia NVS Quadro 140M GPU in your laptop then I would like to suggest you that have you noticed any time that after you start your laptop for how much time this problem remains? I mean to say does your laptop come back to the normal after 20 to 25 minutes after you start the laptop. if this is the case then It means you are having the faulty GPU. I am telling you this because As far as Nvidia NVS Quadro 140M is concern it has G64 chip on your graphic card and this chip cannot cope with normal heat that is why when you start the laptop at that time it gives you problem and after that when your system gets cool down at that time your display comes back to the normal. In this case I would like to tell you that you should contact the Lenovo service center and after that you have to ask about the problem which you are facing in your laptop and after that they will check your laptop and try to resolve your issue and after that your problem might get solved.

In my case It was the LCD which was causing the issue. in my Lenovo laptop I was having the similar issue and after that I thought that it is GPU fault and after that I contact the service center and they have discovered LCD was faulty and after that they repaired my laptop.

To identify about the exact issue I would like to tell you that you should check whether you having the same problem after connecting external monitor with your laptop or not? First connect the any external monitor with your Lenovo ThinkPad T61 laptop and after that you have to start the laptop and then check whether you are having the same problem or not. if after connecting the external monitor also if you are facing the same problem with your laptop then It is surly your Nvidia NVS Quadro 140M problem and if after connecting the external monitor everything works fine then then it means your laptop LCD is bad and you have to give your Nvidia NVS Quadro 140M to repairing shop and if your laptop is in under warranty period then I will recommend you to give your laptop to the Lenovo service center and tell them about the display issue occurred in your Nvidia NVS Quadro 140M laptop.

Have you tried to solve this issue by reinstalling the drivers in your laptop? if you have not tried this issue then first insert your laptop drivers CD and reinstall the graphic driver and after that check whether it makes any difference or not.

yes I agree with the above post before you try anything by contacting with the service center. if you have driver CD of your laptop then first reinstall the chipset drivers and also reinstall the Nvidia drivers in your laptop and after that check whether you are facing the same problem or not. if you don’t have the drivers CD then you have to download the drivers from the official website of Lenovo and after you open the Lenovo site you have to click on the download drivers. Now after clicking there and after that you have to select the laptop series and after that you have to select the laptop model number and after that it will ask you about operating system there you have to select the operating system which you are using in your laptop. After that you will get the list of the drivers related to your laptop from that list you have to select the video option and after that you have to download the drivers. now after downloading the drivers in your laptop you have to install it in your Lenovo ThinkPad T61 and after that you have to restart the laptop and then check whether you are getting the same problem or not. I think after installing the drivers your problem will get solved.

As far as I know sometime because of the overheating in laptop also this kind of problem can take place and that is why I will suggest you to check whether your laptop Fan is working properly or not. if fan is not working properly then you have to change the fan and after that problem will get solved.

I have tried to solve this issue by reinstalling the graphic drivers in my Lenovo ThinkPad T61 laptop and after that also I was facing the same issue and after that I have also check my laptop by connecting it with external monitor and after connecting it with external monitor when I start the laptop at that time it worked fine. now please tell me what should I do to solve this issue. in have also tried updated drivers from both Lenovo site and Nvidia website and after installing both drivers also same problem is coming. my laptop Fan is also working properly.

you have mentioned in your post that after connecting the external monitor you are not having any issue that means your laptop LCD is having problem and for that you have to contact the Lenovo service center and after that they will repair your laptop and may be you will have to pay for this if your laptop is not in the warranty period. I hope after visiting the service center your problem will get solved.