Thread: Fingerprint reader doesn't work after resuming lenovo thinkpad t420

Fingerprint reader doesn't work after resuming lenovo thinkpad t420

Hi finds I am having problem with my Lenovo ThinkPad t420 laptop. in my laptop whenever I start the laptop at that time my laptop ask for the figure print recognition and after that I have to swipe my finger on and after that only I can use my laptop but when I resume my laptop from the hibernation and after that when I swipe the finger at that time it gets failed. Because of that I have to restart the laptop. Now please tell me how to fix this issue.

Re: Fingerprint reader doesn't work after resuming lenovo thinkpad t420

Well I would like to tell you that you are facing this problem because there might be something wrong with your ThinkVantage Fingerprint Software and you have to reinstall the soft ware and after that your problem will get solved.

I will not suggest you to reinstall the ThinkVantage Fingerprint Software but before you do anything with your ThinkVantage Fingerprint Software I will suggest you to reregister your finger with that software and after that check whether you are getting the same problem or not. Yes some time by doing this solution also problem can get resolved. if you have already tried to solve this issue by reregistering the finger in ThinkVantage Fingerprint Software then only I will suggest you to proceed with the reinstalling the ThinkVantage Fingerprint Software. First you have to uninstall the ThinkVantage Fingerprint Software which you have already installed in your laptop and after that you have to restart the laptop. Now after that you have to insert the driver CD in your Lenovo ThinkPad T420 laptop and after that you have to install the software again and after installing the software again you have to register your finger again and after that you have to check whether you are facing the same problem or not.

in my laptop I was having the similar problem and after that I have reinstalled ThinkVantage Fingerprint Software but after that also I was having the same issue and then I have called Lenovo support and I told about my problem and then they have told me that I have to install version 5.9.4.6882 of ThinkVantage Fingerprint Software in my laptop and after that only I can solve this issue and after that I have downloaded that software from here THINKVANTAGE FINGERPRINT SOFTWARE. Now after installing this in my laptop problem get solved.

Thank you so much for your help after reading your replies I have downloaded ThinkVantage Fingerprint Software version 5.9.4.6882 from your given link and after that I have installed it in my laptop. Now after installing the software also I was having the same issue. Now please tell me what I should do to solve this issue. Any help will be appreciated.

Well as far as I know you can try to solve this problem by changing the Bio-metric settings. Sometimes if your Bio-metric settings get change then at that time this type of problem can take place. to solve this issue you have to change the correct the Bio-metric settings.

I am aware of this problem and changing the Bio-metric settings is the perfect solution for this problem instead of trying to reinstall the ThinkVantage Fingerprint Software. if you don’t know about how to change the setting and where to find the -metric settings then you have to follow this steps. First you have to open start menu and after that you have to open control panel. now after you open the control panel you will see the search box on the top right side of the window and after that you have to type finger and you will get "Change Bio-metric settings” in the results. now after that you have to double click on it and after that you have to click on the Change Bio-metric settings under Bio-metric Devices. now after doing that you have select the option called "Allow users to log on to a domain using their fingerprints". now after selecting that option you have to click on the save changes option and it is done. now after doing this whenever you start the laptop from hibernation mode at that time your Fingerprint reader will work fine and it will not give you any problem.

thank you so much for helping me after reading your post I have followed your steps and I have enable the "Allow users to log on to a domain using their fingerprints" option from the Bio-metric settings and after doing that my problem get resolved. I really appreciate your help.