Thread: Unable to call through Skype on Lenovo ThinkPad T420

Unable to call through Skype on Lenovo ThinkPad T420

Hello I have just bought the Lenovo ThinkPad T420 and under that I have installed the windows XP operating system. Everything on the system working fine without any issue and I have recently installed the Skype on mine system. Last night working on the system I have tried to make call through the Skype but I didn’t have the any voice and I am not able to hear the voice. Sometime while doing this I have got the error message saying that:” Skype cannot access the sound card”. Now I don’t what to do and how to solve this issue, can anyone suggest on this issue and so that I can solve mine issue.

Re: Unable to call through Skype on Lenovo ThinkPad T420

First of all I would like to suggest you to make disable the all third party software on your system and after that make sure your facing the issue or not. The third party software like windows firewall and antivirus. Just disable it while using the Skype and after that make sure your facing the issue or not.

Something wrong with your Conexant audio driver and so therefore your getting the issue and to solve this issue you need to updated the Conexant audio driver and after that you can solve the issue. to do this make click on the start icon on the desktop and after that click on the run. Now on the run type: devmgmt.msc and after that make click on the ok button. Now you will get the device manger and under that locate to the Conexant audio driver. Now once you locate to the Conexant audio driver and then make right click on the Conexant audio driver and after that select the updated and after finishing this reboot the system. If you’re facing the same issue after updating the Conexant audio driver on your system and then you have installed the corrupted or not compatible Conexant audio driver on your system and so therefore you’re facing the issue. To solve this issue you need to uninstall the Conexant audio driver first and after that go to the official website and then install the compatible and latest version of the Conexant audio driver.

Try follow the below command on the command prompt and after that hit the enter key:
    sudo / etc / init.d / alsa-utils restart
    Now once you finish this command successfully and after that reboot the system and then your issue will get solved.

If you face the same issue still and then I would like to suggest you to make uninstall the Skype on your system and after that install the latest Skype again and after that you can solve the issue. go to the start icon on the desktop and after that click on the control panel. Now on the control panel make click on the add/remove and under that make click on the Skype. Now here select the uninstall or remove and after that reboot the system. Now go to the official website of the Skype and after that install the latest version of the Skype on your system and t6hen make sure your facing the issue or not.

Might be something wrong with your system and so therefore I would like to suggest you to make contact with the Lenovo and after that let me know the issue.