Thread: Getting terrible sounds from Lenovo T520 thinkpad

Getting terrible sounds from Lenovo T520 thinkpad

I have purchased the new Lenovo T520 thinkpad two months ago. I like the design and the model of the device so I purchased it. I am new to this kind of device. I don’t have any problem with the working of the device till last week but after that I faced some serious problem with it. Actually the problem is I get the terrible sound when I play any file in the Windows Media player, Firefox or IE (java, YouTube) etc from my speakers. The constant pops, hisses, crackles and pauses is often for my system. It is very maddening. I also try to use plug in a USB headset (plantronics audio 626 HD) but the problem remains same. I cannot understand what to do. Can anyone give me some suggestion to solve my problem? Please help me.

Re: Getting terrible sounds from Lenovo T520 thinkpad

I want to give you some suggestion in this case. Here I am giving you some idea for that. you can try to uninstall the audio card driver and then you have to test it. for that you can use the windows generic audio drivers. I think this is best solution.

I can give you some information about the installation of the device manager which is very helpful to you in solving this problem. Device manager is best option for you. for that you have to
    • click on the Conexant 20672 SmartAudio HD
    • And then you have to go to properties option.
    • After that try to change the driver date and check out for the version of that driver.
    • Then you have to click on the uninstall, and then you have to click on "delete the driver software for this device"
    • After this process you have to reboot the system and then the machine automatically reinstalls this driver software. And you will see the problem will solve.

You can use the DPC latency checker which is the best option but I cannot give you more information about that.

I can give you sufficient information about the DPC Latency Checker. Here I am giving that which may help you to solve your problem. Thesycon's DPC Latency Checker is a Windows application that breaks down the abilities of a workstation framework to handle veritable-time information streams fittingly. It would encourage spotting the foundation for intrusions in certified-time sound and motion picture streams, additionally reputed as drop-outs. The system can work in Windows 7, Windows 7 x64, Windows Vista, Windows Vista x64, Windows Server 2003, Windows Server 2003 x64, Windows XP, Windows XP x64, Windows 2000. I think this much of information is sufficient for you. I hope this may work for you. thank you.

I read your problem and then I searches the solutions on the web. Then I come to know that this kind of problem is mostly found due to one reason. Here I am giving you that reason. This problem is found when the Nvida 4200 is enabled in your system. so I am giving you an advice to disable that.

When you try to move the mouse with the USB connection or suppose you are typing a lot then that will generate the more DPC spikes during popping and crackling. Otherwise there is no DPC spike. But I think that will pop and crack. I think this will give you some idea to solve your problem.

According to your description I want to say that you can use the various options for solving this problem. Here I am giving you one of them. You can try to use LatencyMon. This is the another option for you.

Here I am giving you more information about that. LatencyMon checks if a framework running Windows is suitable for handling veritable time sound by measuring DPC and ISR excecution times as well as hard page faults. It will give a conceivable report and identify the portion modules and techniques which are answerable for initiating sound latencies which effect in drop outs. It likewise furnishes the purpose of an ISR screen, DPC screen and a hard page fault screen.

This can provide you more specific data but it will just confirm the issue at hand. Then you have to run it for a while then go to the drivers tab then you have to sort by DPC count, and paste a screenshot. Or you can try to uninstalling everything NVidia from the control panel. In this way you can solve your problem easily.

I think you have to take the help of Lenovo support community which is the suitable option for you. They definitely provide you better solution to solve this problem.

I think you have specified that you have obtained the mechine just sometime before. So I am able to give you preferable choice for your situation. I think you doubtlessly have the warranty on your apparatus so please attempt to replace your item with the revamped one. This is the finest and ordinarily utilized way for solving your situation. In the moment that you don’t have the warranty then in addition attempts to trade the apparatus on account of this sort of blunder would influence the different parts of the framework which might price you something greater than this so please attempt to supplant the unit.