Thread: Firmware v.40.0.21 available for Nokia C6-00?

Firmware v.40.0.21 available for Nokia C6-00?

Hi, I am using Nokia C6-00 from last couple of months and when I came across some of the websites I came to know that the Firmware v.40.0.21 available for the mobile, but still I am not sure whether it is available or not, in fact they also haven’t clearly mentioned over there. Thus I am confused about this as whether to update the phone or not.

And is there anyone installed this OS in their mobile, so are there any major changes they have made or not? And what are the feature that we’ll get in this newer version?

Please let me know if it is available for the mobile I am using. Thanks for the suggestion.

Re: Firmware v.40.0.21 available for Nokia C6-00?

I am also not sure about this firmware but still you can have option to vary this whether it is available or not and for that you need to have a Nokia software updater, because this is the software through which you’ll be able to install the firmware if suppose it is available.

Thus first of all download the software from the internet and then install it in your PC, after doing this you’ve to connect your mobile to the PC and as the mobile will be detected over there it will show you the current version which is installed in the mobile and the available version, so you can figure out from there only, if it would be displayed over there then you are just few steps far for updating as just follow the instructions and the software will automatically update the firmware.

I am agree with the above user but apart from this you can have option to check whether the software is available or not for the phone Through OTA function. And for this you’ll not have to have any such software installed in your phone rather you can make a search for newer firmware through your mobile only.

You’ll be able to see it here, menu > applications > tools > Software updates > Phone software.

Yeah off course the software is available for your phone and you can download it. I have done the same thing on my own my mobile and some of the feature that I have noticed that I would like to tell you, as after updating the firmware you’ll get smiles in messanges, new browser, Ovi map 3.06+, performance rather Speed improvement, Emoticon input and the most important thing is like Ovi contact removed which was the very awful problem in the previous software.

Hey thanks for the suggestion but I still if suppose I update the firmware on my own will void the warranty? Because I have done it ever before thus I am not sure about this.

No you can do it on your own in fact I always used to do it on my own but still there are too many disclaimer that we should follow as the process is quite vital.

Thus according to me if you are not aware about the steps which is associated with the upgrading then you should not try this on your own rather you should visit nokia care center and let them do this for you.

I have followed the steps which was actually mentioned by the above user but still I am not getting the latest firmware listed on my phone, Any idea what could the problem ?

See it might be possible that the newer software is a region specific, because the thing is like I have update the software in my phone and really it is very good but don’t know why you are not about to get that for your phone, but still you should try to contact the service center for this, because from there you’ll get the software for sure, and if suppose it would be region specific so you’ll not be able to get it till it gets released in your region or get released all over the world.

Hey thanks for the suggestion, when I visited the gallery they told me that the software is available for the phone but not in OTA. And because of that I was not able to get it displayed.