Thread: Lenovo X300 thinkpad gets crashed after upgrading to Windows 7 only when unplugged

Lenovo X300 thinkpad gets crashed after upgrading to Windows 7 only when unplugged

I have purchased the new Lenovo X300, thinkpad laptop six months ago. I don’t have any problem with the working of the device till last week. But after that I faced some serious problem with device. Actually my problem is my Lenovo X300 thinkpad gets crashed after upgrading to Windows 7 only when unplugged. I am new to the computers. The device works properly under the Windows Vista but it gets crashed in the Windows 7. And this is only found when I try to unplug the system. then I see the black screen on my system. I cannot understand what to do. Can anyone give me some suggestion to solve this problem? Please help me.

Re: Lenovo X300 thinkpad gets crashed after upgrading to Windows 7 only when unplugged

I read your problem and come to know that I can give you some suggestion for this problem. I think the Lenovo thinkpad is not designed for the Windows 7 operating system. it provide better support for the Windows Vista and XP.

Re: Lenovo X300 thinkpad gets crashed after upgrading to Windows 7 only when unplugged

I want to tell you that your problem is not so often in the IT field but I can give you some idea which can help you to solve this problem. I think you can use the Thinkvantage power manager. This is the best option for you for solving this kind of problem. Actually power manager has a capability to handle some major parts. The capacity is a headline of some electrical apparatuses, in particular copiers, workstations and PC peripherals for example screens and printers, that turns off the switches the framework to a level capacity state when dormant. In registering this is reputed to be PC capacity administration and is fabricated around a standard called ACPI. This is superseded APM. All familiar machines have ACPI uphold.

According to me it should not be happened in the windows 7. I am also the user of Windows 7 and I don’t have this kind of problem with my device. I also use the same device as yours. There is no problem whether the power manager is there or not. I think you were used some different version of the operating system. you have to use the windows 7 pro SP1 with all the latest update this could give some better performance to your product. This is the best idea.

I think you have to but the new X220 or you have the other choice to reinstall your X300 in Vista. Thank you.

It is a programming issue with the driver of Intel GM965 Integrated Graphics. You might as well debilitate the Refresh Rate switch at plug/unplug in the driver's control board. It is utilized as a capacity sparing emphasize to switch from 60Hz to 50Hz at unplug, but it clashes with the driver's different capacity recovering offers and something from Lenovo.

I don't have a X300 so I cannot give out any guideline for you. At the same time I think right click on desktop and there ought to be a menu looks like "Display Properties etc" will present to you the interface that holds the declared choices.

I am unable to understand that why you are trying to use the Windows 7 for your system. I think windows 7 is not best operating system for the Lenovo laptop (thinkpad). But according to my knowledge I want to tell you windows Vista is the best solution for you. so you have to try Windows Vista only. I think after that your system will did not give any kind of error.

You have mentioned that you have purchased the new device recently. So I think you definitely have the warranty on your device so you can try to replace the product with new one. This is the best option for you. I think this is the commonly used method in this kind of situation. So you can go for that. if suppose you don’t have any warranty on your device then also you can try to replace the product. Because sometimes this kind of error may affect the parts of the system and they will also get corrupted. I hope this can give you better idea to solve your problem.