Thread: Unable to work with Backlight of Lenovo T61 thinkpad

Unable to work with Backlight of Lenovo T61 thinkpad

I have purchased the new Lenovo T61 thinkpad for my personal and professional use. I don’t have any problem with the working of the system till last week. But after that I have faced serious problem with it. My model is 6459CTO with a 15.4 WSXGA screen. At last week my notebook screen had dead. I get completely dark screen. I cannot understand the problem. So I tried to search the answer on the web then I come to know that the problem is related to backlight but I cannot get the proper solution for that. Can anyone give me some suggestion to solve this problem? Please help me.

Re: Unable to work with Backlight of Lenovo T61 thinkpad

I want to give you some important information about this topic which can give you some idea to solve this problem. first you have to check out your system does have the Intel or nVidia graphics or not. Then you have to check out whether it displays anything on external monitor or not. Then you have to check that whether your LCD screen reddish/pinkish on initial boot before this last episode While it might absolutely well be the inverter or backdrop illumination. you might moreover be taking about a motherboard situation. That would be why I'm inquiring the machine presentations on outside screen. I think this is sufficient for you.

I had same problem some time before. So I think I can give you some idea about that. I don’t get the pink screen. Then I replaced my backlight and then I also swap my inverter card with no dice.

I think you may have some software related issue only. Here I am giving you some suggestion in that occasion. I am not sure about the result because I don’t get this kind of error in my device. According to my knowledge you have to use the CCFL. I can give you the proper information about that. Here I am telling you the features of the CCFL. Screen flashes on red/pink and goes off. Picture stays on in red and sluggishly ends up standard. Picture is gleaming with faint show. Picture is glimmering on and off.

I want to give you suggestion to replace the CCFL by the LED backlighting which can be the best solution in this case.

I think you have mentioned that you have purchased the device recently. So I can give you better option for your problem. I think you definitely have the warranty on your device so please try to replace your product with the new one. This is the best and commonly used solution for your problem. If you don’t have the warranty then also tries to replace the device because this kind of error may affect the other parts of the system which may cost you more than this so please try to replace the product.

According to my consideration you have to try for the hard reset on your system which is possible solution for your system. but take this solution as a last option because this can responsible to the lost of your all data.