Thread: Unable to Boot Lenovo ThinkPad T61

Unable to Boot Lenovo ThinkPad T61

Hello I have bought the Lenovo ThinkPad T61 system and under that I have installed the windows XP operating system, everything on the system working fine but from last some days mine system won’t boot at all. From last week when I boot the system I only get the black screen. While booting I get the 3 beeps and after that nothing only black screen. Now I don’t know what to do and how to solve the booting issue, can anyone suggest on this issue and so that I can solve mine issue.

Re: Unable to Boot Lenovo ThinkPad T61

Have tried to run the system on the safe mode and after that let me know the issue. to start the system on safe mode you need to press or hold the F8 key constantly while booting your system.

It is usually seen that the hardware component of your laptop is not working properly. Most likely the power supply has failed. You can check that by changing the charger from the laptop, but should be portable laptop model number; otherwise it has a voltage difference that can cause big trouble. Or you can try changing the battery of the laptop. Try removing the battery and see if the laptop can be lit with only the power cord connected. If no energy is being received, then contact your technician.

I think your display not working and so therefore I would like to suggest you to check out display on your system and after that let me know the issue.

Hello I have facing the same issue on mine system as well I have HP laptop and I have installed the windows 7 operating system. I have facing the booting issue on mine system. I am not able to boot system and I able to go into Bios and config boot main concern and position the primary boot device as Optical drive after that also I was not able to boot. I have tried several boots CD does not work. I have tried the lots of solution but I have faced the same problem, only a black screen with blinking cursor. Default BIOS displays an error 10008, relating to damage to the hard drive.

Just follow the below steps and after that you can solve the issue and to do this you need to go through the below steps: start the system and after that start pressing the F12 key from keyboard and while doing this you will get the windows and under that select the Select "CD-ROM" and press "Enter, now here enter the recovery disc into the CD Rom and then restart the system. Now while rebooting your system just press the any key to boot the CD 0r DVD. Now once you get the windows and under that press the F8 key to accept the license agreement Select current partition and then press the enter. Now here select the Quick Format NTFS File System and after that follow the steps given under that and after that let me know the issue.

I think you have issue with the optical drive default and due to that your drive could not read the bootable disk and so therefore I would like to suggest you to change the optical drive and after that try to boot the system. If boot aptness gets modify after rebooting the system after that alter the cmos battery. Or else select to “boot from” option at stage in the boot process and choose optical drive. Error code 10008 shows the whole hard drive failure. I suggested replacing the hard disk after that set up the fresh windows on your system

If above all solution not working to solve the issue and after that I would like to suggest you to make repair your operating system and after that go through your issue but before that I would like to suggest you to make sure about hard disk. I think you have lose connection with your hard disk and so therefore you’re getting the issue, so therefore I would like suggest you to make sure you have secure connection between the HDD and DVD drive on your system.

if now also your not able to solve the issue and then i would like to suggest you to make hard reset your laptop and after that let me know the issue. to make hard reset you need to go through the below steps:
    1. first shutdown the system fully and after that unplugg all external device connected to your system
    2. now remove the AC adapter and Battery carefully.
    3. once you finish this and after that press the power button for 2 minutes and then release the power button.
    4. now reconnect the everything that are removed and after that start the system agian.

I think you might make contact with the Lenovo support and after that goes through your issue and they will solve your issue, just contact with the Lenovo and after that go through your issue and they will solve your issue. I hope this will help you to solve the issue.