Thread: LCD Assembly failure in Lenovo T61p

LCD Assembly failure in Lenovo T61p

I have purchased the new Lenovo T61p for personal and professional use six months ago. I don’t have any problem with the working of the system till last week but after that I faced some problem with the device. Actually the problem is there is LCD Assembly failure in my Lenovo T61p. I heard the beep followed by two short beep. I know that the beep is related to the RAM, GPU or LCD assembly. I can also try to replace the LCD backlight but the problem remains same. I cannot understand the actual problem so I can’t get the perfect answer for that. can anyone give me some suggestion to solve this problem? Please help me.

Re: LCD Assembly failure in Lenovo T61p

I want to tell you that you have to try an external hook which is up to it. suppose in case the GPU is good then you will get the video on that and in case it is not there then you will get the black window.

I think I can give you some better solution for you. You can try to use the external monitor. This is the most common solution for this kind of issue. but after this application if you get the black screen again then you have only one choice to replace the GPU itself because this problem is only related to GPU only. I think this will give you some solution.

You have mentioned that you purchased the new device sometime before so I think you definitely have the warranty on your device. So you have to try for the replacement of your system. I think this is the better option for you. in case you don’t have the warrantee then also you have to try for the replacement because this problem can cause for some different problems in the system which may cost you more than this. I think you have to try for the GPU replacement only. the reason behind that is this problem is generally found due to GPU fault only so you can buy it from outside also. I hope this will give you some idea to solve your problem.

I think this problem is related to Motherboard only. so you have to replace the Motherboard which can solve your problem.

I also had same experience sometime before. As per your description I have some information which can be helpful to solve your problem. Here I am giving you some information about this topic. I was familiar with the warranty of the product and my t61p is from 2003 and I am practically beyond any doubt that I am ineligible for a warranty. I will attempt to contact bargains today or tomorrow following work and post their response. I think this is most common experience for laptop users.