Thread: unable detect USB on Lenovo ThinkPad T61

unable detect USB on Lenovo ThinkPad T61

Hello I have bought new Lenovo ThinkPad T61 and under that I have installed the windows XP operating system. Everything on the system working fine without any issue but I have small issue on mine system. Last night working on the system I have connected the USB to copy the data but while doing this mine system not recognized the USB or flash drive. I have also found that mine wireless mouse are not working and when I connect anything on port nothing works. Now I don’t what to do and how to get ride the issue, can anyone suggest on this issue and so that I can solve mine issue.

re: unable detect USB on Lenovo ThinkPad T61

I think your port not working properly and so therefore I would like to suggest you to make sure your port are working properly and after that let me know the issue. Try to plug the USB on the other port and after that make sure your system able to recognize or not. There could be other issue like your USB not working and therefore check the USB on the other system as well.

Try to disable power management of the USB hub and after that go through your issue. to do this make click on the start icon and after that click on the run. Now on the run type: Devmgmt.msc and after that click on the ok button. Now you will get the device manger and under that extract the Universal Serial Bus controllers. Now on the Universal Serial Bus controllers make right click on the USB Root Hub and after that click on the properties. Now on the USB Root Hub properties go to the power management tab and under that make uncheck mark on the Allow the computer to turn off this device to save power check box and after that click on the ok button. Now in the same do the all driver on the USB Root Hub in the list? Once you finish this all and after that make click on the action menu and after that select the Scan for hardware changes. No once you finish this all this and after that go through your issue.

Might be Unsecure or Loose Connection on your USB and therefore your getting this issue and so I would like to suggest you to remove the connect USB or Flash drive and after that reconnect the USB or Flash dive and the make sure you have connect the USB or Flash drive properly and after that let me know the issue.

Just follow the below steps and after that your bale to solve the issue. To do this makes click on the start icon on the desktop and after that click on the run. Now on the run type: compmgmt.msc and after that click on the ok button. now you will get the windows and under that expand the Disk Management and then you will get the Disk Management windows. Now on the Disk Management make right click on the portable drive and after that make click change drive letter and paths. Now here you will get the windows and under that assign a new drive letter which is not being used by any of your drives in My Computer and after that make click on the ok button. Now connect your USB and after that make sure your able to recognize

Looking at your issue and I think you have issue on the driver and so therefore I would like to suggest you to make updated the USB driver on your system and after that you’re able to solve the issue. Just try to updated the USB driver or you can also make windows updated on your system and so that you can updated the USB driver.

Re: unable detect USB on Lenovo ThinkPad T61

Use the PC Doctor for DOS bootable CD software on your system and after that make sure your getting the issue or not. The PC Doctor for DOS bootable CD available on the Lenovo website.