Thread: how to configure the printing parameters in Nokia E71

how to configure the printing parameters in Nokia E71

I have purchased the new Nokia E71 mobile for my personal and professional use. I like the design and the model of the device that’s why I purchased it. I don’t have any problem with the working of the device. Actually I am new to this device so I want some information on it. I am trying to print the thing by the use of BT on my hp photosmart but I cannot get success in that. but when I try to send the a photo to the printer then it works fine and the content will be properly printed. And also I want to tell you that I am interested in WIFI printing and all that stuff. So can anyone there who can give me some information to solve my problem? please help me.

Re: how to configure the printing parameters in Nokia E71

I read your problem and come to know that I can give you a proper solution for this topic but I am not sure about the result because I did not try this technique on myself. This is just external information that I have.
    To solve this error you have to follow some instruction which are as follows.
    • First you have to go to menu.
    • Then you have to go in the Tools option in the Menu.
    • There you can see the Setting option in that.
    • After that you have to go to application option in the list.
    • Where you can see the printer option.
    • So go in that and click on the option button
    • And then you have to change the bearer to Socket/HP Jet Direct and then you have to give the rest of the parameters Host, port and then go forward.

I think this can give you some help to solve your problem. thank you.

I think you have to check out for elaboration which should go in the host and port. because it seems like automatic as 9100.

I also had the same problem sometime before but I have other mobile. I have Nokia C7288 but it was giving the same error for my stuff. So here I am giving you the perfect setting for solving this problem.

Printer name: whatever you want ; Driver: HP Mobile Printing ; Bearer: Socket/HP Direct ; Access Point: as per your ISP ; Host: printer’s IP address ; Port: 9100 ; Paper Size: A4 ; Printer model: Photosmart Printers ; Quality mode: Normal ; Media Type: Plain ; Color mode: Color.

By the use of this setting you can try to solve the problem. but I am not sure about the result because I was tried this technique on my C7288 and you device is different but you can try it at least once for better experience.

Here I am giving you an advice to give the name which is allocated to the printer and it is also give that for IP address also. I also want to give you advice to print via WIFI which is also good for you.