Thread: Can’t see video in Dell Inspiron 1420 Laptop

Can’t see video in Dell Inspiron 1420 Laptop

I got this Dell Inspiron 1420 Laptop few months back today when tried to start the laptop it just shows the pink color screen and then stuck on start up with lines and colors all blurry, grainy, and unclear display. I made some reached on it and try to start it again but still with the same problem I even found the NVIDIA lawsuit and tried to test video output, there is none is that my chipset is faulty now. Please suggest the cure

Re: Can’t see video in Dell Inspiron 1420 Laptop

I had the same issue with my laptop that I had and after some research I found that its not the mother board problem but the temperature problem the video card was fried its happen sometime I think the same thing is happened with your laptop also get its checked

The problem stemmed from NVIDIA’s engineering fault which caused the graphics chip to operate at abnormally high temperatures. Error in the substrate chemicals used also resulted in the thermal cycles that will lead to the chip detaching itself eventually from the motherboard, thus leading to the ‘blank’ display problem.

I am also facing the same problem with my dell 1420 laptop and I don’t know what to do about it its simply wont star at all I have tried everything but still failed to achieve the result

Quote Originally Posted by Delaware View Post
    I had the same issue with my laptop that I had and after some research I found that its not the mother board problem but the temperature problem the video card was fried its happen sometime I think the same thing is happened with your laptop also get its checked
    What you did is it the problem in the GPU please inform me

I have read in some post made in the thread where it was stared that the difficulty shoot from NVIDIA’s engineering error which caused the graphics chip to operate at abnormally high temperatures the problem is with the substrate element used also resulted in the thermal cycles that will lead to the chip coming off itself ultimately from the motherboard hence it cause this problem,

I know it’s not just dell which was facing this problem also some may other brand like HP and Gateway also have similar problems and when Dell have recognized the trouble they have presented a 1 Year Limited Extended Warranty to cover this fault with the BIOS fix which forces the admirer of the laptop to run at maximum speed for longer periods of the time to cool the laptop down and because of change made cause very noisy fan with low battery life, surely not what you expect from the laptop when you first purchased it.

When I first found out about this problem I was very upset I am also going with the same problem so I decided to call the dell tech support and told them the entire story they first apologized and given me a extended warrant and nothing else they could do beyond it and then I threatened to shoot up the problem to the Consumer Tribunal but their claim did not change. I was even told by the person that they would change my motherboard as they expected to replace the motherboards of everybody who complained

same problem with the video are you sure that dell will replace the mobo of you laptop because mine is 2 yrs old and if they does you’re the I may take the benefit of the scheme

See guys just don’t lose the hope yet because if your laptop is having that faulty NVIDIA graphic card then you have the whole right to get the fix your defective laptop and if it doesn’t work then please report it to the Consumer Tribunal it’s your right because no company supposed to be sell you a faulty product and then give year extended warranty anticipating that is enough to cover the difficulty, particularly when the laptop WILL be unsuccessful.

Need to change

I want to replace my NVIDIA motherboard with the Intel Board can I do this is there any complication that I have to face if I do it please tell me