Thread: Dell Inspiron 15R Laptop (N5110) with Intel Centrino Wireless N 1030 has dreadful wireless reception

Dell Inspiron 15R Laptop (N5110) with Intel Centrino Wireless N 1030 has dreadful wireless reception

I have Dell Inspiron 15R Laptop from few weeks now and I am really disappointed with poor reception in my area when I use it . Reception is not that good here but my other device manage to find it and those are dell inspiron 6400 ,iPad , iPhone and Samsung NetBook but my 15R is barley get the network and often drop the connection completely . Does anyone you have the same problem is there any setting that needs to be tweak for getting the proper response

re: Dell Inspiron 15R Laptop (N5110) with Intel Centrino Wireless N 1030 has dreadful wireless reception

Its real even I have face the same problem throughout though my reception is little week but it should be detected by my laptop . I get 2.4 Hz interference from something in a neighbouring house and I have installed 5GHz AP off my 2.4GHz Billion router to check whether its get better signal but apparently the Intel 1030 doesn't support 5GHz , so the next day I bought Netgear dualband USB device for check whether I could get best from the new access point and to my surprise it gave better reception over 2.4Ghz than the Intel 1030 . now what one should think about this it is not right a 2 inch USB stick get the better reception then the device that is supposed to be almost the size of the screen . maybe I think internal antenna is probably lose connected but I am not sure how to detected this problem if its exist .can anyone tell me how could I trouble shoot this problem . is it simple to change the 1030 for either variant of the internal wireless card supports dualband I don’t want to use USB stick permanently in the Dell Inspiron 15R Laptop. I hate it

re: Dell Inspiron 15R Laptop (N5110) with Intel Centrino Wireless N 1030 has dreadful wireless reception

Don’t understand what is the problem but I need the solution as fast as possible I am using the windows 7 64 bits and inspiron 15r. all other device that have wifi is working fine something is wrong with and inspiron 15r

Same here I have exactly the same issue with my 15R for about a month I am little unhappy with the performance of WIFI my friend Dell Inspiron is working fine with 5 GHz band of my netgear router it was purchased last year while I am struggling to get the 2.4 GHz reception and everything in the laptop is working fine, solutions

I log the complain about this matter to the dell that and I am so annoyed by his query solving method first he wasted time in working out for IP configuration and after that he try to get in to interface and then attempted to speculate the admin password until I eventually offered to type it in for him after wasting some time here and there he just adjust the performance of the wireless adapter to Max when on battery and said wait for few days come on he did nothing I ask to talk to his superior and he was same as his subordinate so I decided to wait for few days but noting happen so I draft the mail about this issue to the tech and now am said that they will be giving me better wireless card but nothing has been done yet

It is because the problem in the battery mode setting and mine seems to be working fine now after changing the energy setting for the wifi card from medium to maximum performance just do the same it may work for you

Mine problem solved by the Firmware update on my Netgear router and what was earlier dropping the reception I snow working fine. And I am sure about this as me and my friend both dell inspiron is now working fine may be you people check whether this solution works for them and please do reply the result for the other do that they can do the same thing hope I proved to be help of all who are suffering from the dell inspiron WiFi problem

I am using the Huawei Echolife HG553 so I check whether the firm update is available for the same but anyways all other device that has the Wi-Fi work perfectly with Huawei Echolife HG553

Today I gone to tech support for the dell and they updated my driver but it’s still not working so I went again back to the support and today they replaced my wifi card not tested yet let see what result I can achieve whit the new card. Hmmm updating the firmware of Netgear may be check this one also if can’t get any result on the card by mate .

Re: Dell Inspiron 15R Laptop (N5110) with Intel Centrino Wireless N 1030 has dreadful wireless reception

just buy an Inspiron N5110 with the same intel wireless card and I am gone crazy with the network problem though its work fine with my iPhone