Thread: Nokia E5 Battery Problems not ending

Nokia E5 Battery Problems not ending

I am very disappointed with my Nokia E5. My Nokia E5 battery lasts for one day whether I browse internet for 3 hrs or 15 min. I attend calls about 1 hr a day and to save battery I have to keep my Nokia E5 in power saving mode or else it won’t last battery more than 3 hr which is very annoying. I have researched over many forums but it did not make any difference. I have already done 3 resets. What to do next?

Re: Nokia E5 Battery Problems not ending

Seems you have a serious issue with your Nokia E5. Just follow the steps carefully as I recommend. Go to Private Directories in C drive and memory card as like the Windows Registry in your Nokia E5, in there you will find \etc directory in Linux. I am trying to say is that make changes in the Private on the memory card if you are aware what you are up to. You don’t have to hack anything only thing you have to do is perform a CHKDSK on your mobile and safely delete all unnecessary including the cache. This will remove all unwanted application which drains your battery without notifying you. Your battery draining will be solved.

After reading your troubleshoot which you have posted, I would like to assure you that there is some hardware related issue with your Nokia E5 mobile. To solve it you have to replace your battery with a new one. Purchase a new battery for your Nokia E5 mobile from the store. I hope my advice helps you and your Nokia E5 mobile does not annoy you more in future.

If none of the options help you than you have to add firmware on your Nokia E5 mobile. Basically firmware is nothing but upgrading your mobile from the current version to a better version with new features and better performance. Go to the official website of Nokia and get the latest firmware for your Nokia E5 mobile. After upgrading your Nokia E5 mobile it will fix all the bugs including your battery problem.

The main reason for draining battery on any mobile is that multiple use of applications at a time. There are many widgets in your mobile such as Social networks, news, mailbox etc. If you multiple widgets are on at a time than I would like to tell you that this multiple widgets consumes much of you battery resulting it last shot. You should refer and follow the battery saving tips for your Nokia E5. These tips will help you to save your battery for much time and there will be no requirement for activating power saving option on your mobile.

I agree with the battery saving tips. You will get battery saving tips and further related instruction on internet. Ty using widgets that is useful to you. Avoid using unwanted widgets. Not only that, you also have to remove and uninstall application that are not useful to you. In simple words remove all the Third party application from your Nokia E5 because these third party applications are not licensed ones. Install application from Ovi store.

I carefully read your query that you have posted above. Since you have mentioned that you have already performed 3 resets and it did not make any difference in solving the problem. These is obvious and hardware issue. I suggest you to visit Nokia care as soon as possible for replacement of your nokia mobile or only the battery. If your mobile is in warranty than you don’t have to pay additional charges else you have to pay. Take the invoice with you.

I have the same problem on mine - I understand how to manage applications, but my batteries just keep dying - on my second now, works fine for about 2 weeks or so and then just dies and refuses to accept a charge.
    I'm on the latest firmware, the batteries are genuine (and I have two non-gen that charge but only last for a day)... so overall, not impressed.
    I like the phone despite its slow responses, and poor camera zoom, and lack of decent Apple-style apps, but the battery is obviously an utter killer!

Quote Originally Posted by MillseyE5 View Post
    I have the same problem on mine - I understand how to manage applications, but my batteries just keep dying - on my second now, works fine for about 2 weeks or so and then just dies and refuses to accept a charge.
    I'm on the latest firmware, the batteries are genuine (and I have two non-gen that charge but only last for a day)... so overall, not impressed.
    I like the phone despite its slow responses, and poor camera zoom, and lack of decent Apple-style apps, but the battery is obviously an utter killer!
    Can you tell us whether during the hour that device works does the back feel very hot, because if it doesn't it would perhaps mean that software/hardware issue on E5 isolating the charger(s) much too soon preventing battery(s) from receiving full charge. You should also try to disable all wifi, internet connections if it is active and check if it works for you or not.

I have gone through three E5 handsets now, and all have been identical - 4-5 hour batter life, less if you place a call.

What happens is, the phone gets suddenly hot, then drains very fast.

If you wish to leave the phone on, receiving data or be available to take calls, this is what happens. I assume there is some hardware fault where battery management doesn't match up with the demands regular data updates place on it.

In my view the E5 is utterly hopeless, simply not fit for purpose as a data device.