Thread: cannot update my Nokia N8 to Symbian Anna

cannot update my Nokia N8 to Symbian Anna

Here I am having some problem. can anyone help me please? When I went for on the support site of Nokia I saw this 'Nokia Software Device Update’. I then downloaded the ovi suite. I tried to update my N8 to Symbian Anna. It said that there is no update available when I connected it via USB cable. I have made sure that there is no firewall blocking the content. I found some people updating over the air. So I went to application and then software update. Which then was able to find the update but only permits you to upgrade it through a PC, not allowing you for a direct download on the phone? Then what I did was I went to settings, phone, phone management, device updates, and selected options and chose the option ‘check for updates'. That wasn’t successful either. Can anyone help? I live in UK and my network is orange.

Re: cannot update my Nokia N8 to Symbian Anna

I have tried update of the phone using Software Update It gave me the message that no software Update available. I also have tried OVI suite. This is what normally N8 users should get in place of PC Suite But all I get was but cryptic error about connectivity. ), I am not sure if they are just besieged with demand or if I have an individual issue, but I am having hard luck updating my Nokia N8. Guys do also help me.

You can do one thing which is close your ovi suite and update it to the latest PC suite. In this case I will say that you will have to keep on trying as it is difficult to update in just a single go. I would advise you to try at least two-three times I had mine in third attempt.

You should keep trying and do remember one thing that you will have to exit the ovi suite. When you are done bubble will pop up and will let you know about the update. I have done mine through this way and I believe that you too will be successful in your way. All the best!

As you have told here I am going to download the PC suite now and I in hope for the best. I have already downloaded the software updater. But when I tried to install it I was prompted with an error all the time. So I think That didn’t work for me.. With ovi suite, it's a case it keeps on annoying. Occasionally, it says there's an update, and it seems like it has started the process, and then eventually the error will occur. Sometimes it says that there is no update for my N8 and I have to restart ovi suite. I have been eagerly looking for the Symbian Anna. I don’t know when I will get this. I suppose that this advice of yours will help

If the updating of the suite has failed I will advise you to try to setting the phone date to 31 Aug 2011 and then try to check for the updates on phone for PC suite or for ovi suite. I suppose this will be working out for yo guys.

Thanks for the help It indeed worked when I have downloaded for a fresh pack of the PC suite and then I looked for the update and tried to install it. Yes it was not successful in the first attempt but I managed to get it done in my second attempt. Thanks a lot I have my problem resolved. All the guys having problem out there can resolve it my way. I think this will work for you too.