Thread: How to Connect Asus Eee Pad Transformer tablet to a TV

How to Connect Asus Eee Pad Transformer tablet to a TV

I have just got the Asus Eee Transformer and feel like to obtain the nearly all out of it. Originally I am looking for it to connect it through an HDMI cable toward my HD prepared Panasonic Viera Television. Together the tablet as well as the TV have HDMI sockets moreover are connected. For a few reasons while I modify the source intended for the TV to computer but nothing occurs. The HDMI socket on top of the TV is lying on the front panel and depicted like HDMI 3. While the register of sources is exposed on the TV it lists Sat, computer, AV as well as HDMI 1 and 2 except not 3. Is there anything wrong?

Re: How to Connect Asus Eee Pad Transformer tablet to a TV

The HDMI 1.3 standard. introduced late last year a series of improvements, which highlighted the increase of bandwidth to 340 MHz (10.2 Gbit / s), support for Dolby TrueHD, DTS-HD, TrueHD and DTS-HD and the introduction of Type C HDMI connector for notebooks. The later versions of the HDMI standard is fully compatible with the above, but for now you cannot upgrade to higher versions of the HDMI standard, because the current updates require both hardware and firmware modifications. The only team prepared for this type of upgrade is the Playstation 3, since it already had the hardware needed. It was actually the first team to qualify for the HDMI 1.3.

With current 3.0 Honeycomb tablet Android, Eee Pad Transformer included; there are some problems with the HDMI connection. They are all software issues, nothing irreparable with a new firmware, but it is one of the contexts in which the fresh system, Google has to improve.

More common will be the HDMI type C, which would be like miniUSB, also designed for portable equipment such as video cameras or photos. We'll see much in the coming years. It is smaller but still has 19 pins.
    The HDMI connector is compatible with DVI equipment and vice versa. This means you can connect an HDMI source to a DVI-connected computer or a computer with DVI to a display with HDMI input. We will need an adapter. Of course, in some cases and depending on the equipment connected, get only picture, sound and losing the remote signal.

With some applications you have loss of signal, more or less frequent, which force us to close the software, I have seen them pre-installed in App Youtube and others that I cannot remember exactly are software problems and I hope that will be corrected from time to time with updates. With the new Google Android 3.1 firmware have been solved many of the problems mentioned in this article, such as intermittent on YouTube and HD playback.

But I do not think the tablet connected to a HD TV is the most natural thing in the world, because the very soul of these devices does not require the use of cables and wires. Sure, it can happen and it's definitely a fun experience (gratitude closely linked to our TV-inch TV but to act as media center, at the moment, there are more economical and functional solutions. When will the media to leave bases always close to the TV, already connected and ready to receive the tablets and even to charge it - it has a ready Asus Eee Transformer Pad - then the speech may change.

Although it may seem otherwise, more than one HDMI connector. We all know the most common and used the HDMI class A, with 19 pins and can be found in virtually all computers with this port type. However, it has created a HDMI type B with 29 pins and prepared for future displays with much higher resolution than today. Not used for now.

Hi, i have the same problem....here is my conclusion: I will buy another tv, Panasonic's tvs don't work with Asus Transformer...Why? I don't know... but here is something interesting, I connect my Nokia N8 phone with HDMI and it works perfect; no matter wich of the HDMI 1, 2, or 3 use. I try in a Sony and in a Samasung tv and the Asus Transfformer works perfect, try in other panasonic and not.....

So the question is: What is the HDMI connection in the Asus Transformer for? Is imposible to connect the Asus to my Panasonic Viera....

Quote Originally Posted by Cocodrilo55 View Post
    So the question is: What is the HDMI connection in the Asus Transformer for? Is imposible to connect the Asus to my Panasonic Viera....
    Yes, with the help of the hdmi cable you can watch videos or even photos on your tv. Just connect one end to the Asus Transformer and the other end to the tv that supports hdmi connection and simply choose the video options on tv and then play or listen to any song from your Asus Transformer to the TV.