Thread: will F8 recovery lose after reinstalling windows on Dell XPS 15?

will F8 recovery lose after reinstalling windows on Dell XPS 15?

i am using Dell XPS 15 laptop, and there were problems for loading of files and an antivirus corrupted my programs and due to which it was working slow. due to this i want to format and put fresh installation of windows. as i heard of some one doing the same i am willing to do it. i have the condition in the mind that I am not suppose to delete or touch the recovery partition, but found that there was F8 recovery function stopping to work, after i had re installation done of my previous windows. i want to know that after installing fresh windows on your laptop , you will have the recovery option present. please suggest me something in this case.

Re: will F8 recovery lose after reinstalling windows on Dell XPS 15?

i think that there is a hint which i know. i suppose it will work in the case where you don't delete or have a format of the Recovery partition. JUST try with wiping of the recovery partition if you tend to format the whole drive.

yes i can get with your solution, so didn't performed all which you mentioned. therefore i made a creation of recovery disks, but i am quite unsure whether all the useless software's also come with it after restoring by means of those disks.

yes . usually users get struck on this part, and according to me the possible solution to it can be by having a factory reset (Windows + drivers). by this process you can solve the problem in some case, or you will get an hint of something. apart from this, what i know is, make sure to find out if you included the bloatware with the disc. and if you are not getting the exact solution you should possibly browse the contents.

according to the previous post, i made an attempt on XPS 15 that I installed a fresh Windows 7 on. so i think i lost it as "Advanced Boot Options" is the possible option which comes on Windows 7 and not the Dell Recovery . there is no use of this option , which i was looking but at last i have my "recovery" partition on my laptop. but i can say that i am not alone which has lost it, and there are chances where you will find it on some other place.

i found out that it still persisted on an external after deletion of my partition, but i re installed vista. as i can find that you are insisting on windows 7 operating system.

there is a point where you should consider some things before you update your OS. so i can recommend here that before you update your OS, get a a full image of the HDD to an external USB drive . i suppose in this way you are able to restore and make a good use of recovery part later, if you desire to sell it. you can also have a another way to recovery to factory specs in the case occurring that the internal HDD tends to fail.

the things mentioned here can help you in some ways. there is a situation where you will tend to lose the option to do a restore, after you have a clean install. you require a Windows disc and this is suitable for having a manual install or a repair install . call your local Dell office, if you are not getting it.