Thread: Suggest Firmware to protect contents in Seagate external FreeAgent hard disk

Suggest Firmware to protect contents in Seagate external FreeAgent hard disk

Hello friends, I am using the FreeAgent external hard disk for storing the backup my all important data from my system. Then as I was using it, so I started to worry about the safety of it. As I do not want to my content do not be affected by the viruses. I am using a very good antivirus in the system which I used at home, but I want to take security measures fir the external hard disk as to keep it safe from the viruses when I switch to other PC, which might not have good antivirus in it. So please suggest me which firmware should I installed in it to protect the data form viruses.

Re: Suggest Firmware to protect contents in Seagate external FreeAgent hard disk

Well you can use the Seagate Manager to protect your external hard disk with the password. If you want to know more about it then go and search on the internet for PDF file of it. Which have the instruction to do it and how to protect form the viruses also.

Re: Suggest Firmware to protect contents in Seagate external FreeAgent hard disk

I think you saying that the content should be virus and spy free. If you want this then set the AV on the C drive to the monitor the external hard disk, you should get a Trojan Scan or the monitor will pick it up and will put in a vault till the time you give the further instruction. Well a virus do not create an problem on the external hard disk, it will just be active in that place where you have install it, in the simple file format in the storage which is seen as the same then the other files. It happens when it gets the permission to move into the operating system.

Let me tell you, that the Password Protection will only prevent to read access as well the write access to the external hard disk. Well in this case it is not available on all the external products, so check for the correct external hard disk on the internet of on the Seagate website.