Thread: How to reset EB13 radio by reprogramming

How to reset EB13 radio by reprogramming

I have purchased new Samsung Epic for my personal use. I like the design and the model of the device that’s why I purchased it. I have no problem with the working of the device till last week. But after that I get some error in the performance. Actually the error is in the radio function only. Then I search on the web for solution. And I get suggestion to reprogramming of my radio will solve my problem. but I didn’t get the proper idea How to reset EB13 radio by reprogramming. Can anyone give me some proper solution for this? Please help me.

Re: How to reset EB13 radio by reprogramming

I read your problem and I come to know that I can give you some solution for solving your problem. here I am giving you some idea about that.
    1. For reprogramming you have to download the CDMA workshop and QPST. This can get you on the web easily.
    2. Then you have to pause the protection of your antivirus. Otherwise your system cannot detect the CDMA workshop key.
    3. Then you have to open the CDMA workshop.
    4. Then you have to dial ##8778#. It will screen titled – phone utility from your phone. After that you are under UART that is in the modem and also under USB. You have to change it to the modem.
    5. After that you have to connect your phone to PC.
    6. Then you have to check in which port your phone is connected then try to open device manager in your system. and in the PORT tab you have to check for the Samsung mobile modem diagnostic port.
    7. Then you have to go to the CW on the main tab. Under COM setting. then you have to select the same tab and connect it by clicking on it.
    8. Then you have to go to SECURITY tab, and under SPC and then try to enter 000000. If this not works then ask your seller for the code. Then you have to click on the SPC. You have to select SEND option from the list of SEND and CLICK.
    9. Then you can see the message of phone unlock.
    10. Then you have to go to the NAM tab.
    11. Then you should select NAM1 and then Click on READ. Then you have to read the NAM setting from your phone. And then save it. and then close the CW.

I have this much of information about this topic.

As per above discussion I want to give you some more information on this topic. This may be helpful to you. for this procedure you have to use the QPST. Here I am giving you some steps to follow. First you have to open QPST Configuration. If system does not show that phone is connected then you have to add the port manually which can be done by selecting ADD NEW PORT. Then you will see the status as Connected. Then you have to go to START CLIENTS - select - SERVICE PROGRAMING. Then you will see the tab opened and it will show your phone name as FFA6550 - ZRF6500. Click on OK. Then the tab will show the ESN number and all the details and your phone status will be online. Then you have to load from the file. Then you have to Click on it and select the QCN file. Then you have to click on the “Write to phone” option. Then restart your phone. The system will reset. Then Close QPST.

I want to give you some information to you. please try to follow some steps as follows. First you have to Odin back to DL18 with radio reset to Sprint. Then you have to load Reliance HSD local 1005 prl file.
    After that try to load NV item (ppp.txt) dump file for net connect. Then you have to load backup NAM file back. Try to use this techniwue and then see the result. I hope this will work for you. Thank you.