Thread: JailbreakMe 3.0 with lPad 2

JailbreakMe 3.0 with lPad 2

I am waiting for the iPad 2 for a long time. I know that devs are developing the jailbreak for iPad 2 and it will be released soon. When will it be available? Anyone has any idea of the benefits of Jailbreak? Is der any worth of risking my phone which is in the warranty period to risk it by jailbreaking. Please do help me with this matter. I need an option to customize my iPad as I am bored with the stock iPad.

Re: JailbreakMe 3.0 with lPad 2

Well, there’s good news for you. JailbreakMe 3.0 has been leaked. But it will only work on iOS 4.3.3 / 4.2.1. The following are the steps of jailbreaking: 1. Launch the Safari browser on iPad 2. Download the exploit PDF 3.0 and it will start the jailbreaking, now, restart the iPad and wait till it strike. After few minutes it will start. Well, jailbreaking unlocks your phone and provides total customization of the device you have jail breaked and allows install for third

Some people do jailbreak their phones because they feel they have many advantages over the normal phone. They can use a network other than AT&T’s which can save money and give better coverage. Also, it allows to run third-party applications which it normally doesn’t do. Also, if we own the phone we should have the freedom to update and customize the way we want. That’s why I feel having jailbreak is very advantageous for you.

The iphone’s UI is amazing but sometimes people do want a change in their life, a bit more color. The Snow Leopards UI after jailbreak is awesome. Also making your home screen like vending machine is also interesting. Jailbreaking lets you customize every single thing and let’s you tweak it for fun. There are many skins available which you can do by app Winterboard. Another thing is Sbsettings which allows for sytem icons to be directly accessed. You can change system sounds, add customized ringtomes and add a fifth icon to the bottom of the dock also. So, this jailbreak allows for much fun and difference then the stock iPad.

Well, along with the advantages there are so many disadvantages that make your secure, advanced iPhone just like any other Smartphone with no difference in them at all. You get so many worms and viruses from the apps that you download that are not secure. So, once infected by viruses it may ruin your phone and you cannot even repair it as you have made the warranty void. Yes, Jailbreak has a restore point but what if these malicious software affects your system! Then you have no way to recover and you have wasted this costly phone for some new skins and themes!

Yes, you are right. Maybe until it’s still in warranty period I won’t play with the phone to regret later. But all the features after jailbreak do seem interesting and open up a new world for my phone. And as a dev myself it would be really educational too. But, still will wait before trying anything. Thankyou

Not just the cons above I can list many more cons after jailbreaking. You can say goodbye to updating your phone to the latest firmware as if you do will negate all the efforts of jailbreak. You have the risk of bricking the phone which means your phone will be dead if anything goes wrong during jailbreak. Though chances are rare nowadays. It increases instability of the phone and you have the risk of security breach due to the open-source nature of third-party apps which do not fall under Apple and act independentally. They can record your personal info. From cell and use it for their own advantage. There maybe legal issues too if Apple does something about it. Till now they are not taking any actions. So, I think it’s not worth it.

Also, there are two types of jailbreaks, tethered jailbreak and untethered jailbreaks.In a tethered jailbreak it requires you to connect to a computer every time it needs to boot. Thus, when connected to a computer it effectively re-jailbreaks a device without losing data. So, its a lot of effort whereas an untethered jailbreak normal shut down and restart and no connection to the computer when rebooted.