Thread: LG 510 cookie not working in EVDO mode with Reliance

LG 510 cookie not working in EVDO mode with Reliance

Hello friends I have just bought an LG 510 Cookie Zip and I was hoping it would be working nicely and the browsing on EVDO speed as it is EVDO Rev A would be interesting but I am having some big problem with this and am unable to think how to get rid of this, My handset is showing both EVDO and 1x Signal bars at full strength but the moment you connect the browser, it is connecting at 1x Speed only and even with pc its same so I am just unable to think how to get rid of this problem.

Re: LG 510 cookie not working in EVDO mode with Reliance

Hello I have following question and suggestion to ask and say regarding this query and I hope this would be giving you some help.
    1. The first thing I would be saying is EVDO service has not been launched till now they would be launched in September.
    2. Next thing if your handset has been got the imei number you need to provide the same one.
    3. May be this handset is not capable of running EVDO.
    4. May be the handset haven’t been into the system of the Service provider so may be EVDO is not possible.
    Need to take care for all of this point.

Are you sure that you have been activated the handset if not then please contact to the LG service provider and see if they can help but I think they would be saying that they don’t have this phone into their CDMA phones list.

I don’t think that the problem has been with the LG but it is with the reliance. And if it is with the OMH then the operator is suppose to give you the settings for the RUIM and then keep it open. And if it is with the reliance then I think they have blocked the settings on their backend so I think unless they would be activating it you won’t be able to use it so try to contacting them too. And I hope they would be helping you out by suggesting you something about it.

I think the only way by which you can activate this service on your handset is by contacting the service center either of the reliance or LG and get some help from them and I would even suggest you to ask the customer care by calling at the *355 broadband customer not to have the netconnect the 1x dept. I am sure that you call would be going to the 1X dept and then ask them to have the broadband plus dept and I would say that don’t call on *222 and *333 or even on the 198 they have been useless uptill now and they are a reliance cdma mobile customer care so I don’t think you would be getting any help.

Hello friend would like to share some personal knowledge about this with you, I think they have something which has a technical name as A12AUTH and if they have disconnected this then the broadband plus would not be working so I would be asking you to ask them to check that is it active or inactive on your number. I had one of my friend who was having the broadband + been deactivated due to some documentation problems and when it was reactivated he was able to work with only the 1x and the broadband plus was not working when I called the customer care again and complained them they said me that A12AUTH has been deactivated and they said that they cant activate or take any complain over it and then I mailed about it and they took some action about it and then the Broadband plus was activated.

Well all this has been proving that the evdo has been really messy and running it has been really a big problems and that’s not a good news at all. I think evdo needs to be activated first this guys are right and until it is authenticated they won’t be working.

Ok so first I would be asking that ensure that you have been using the OMh sim card, and then default profiles has been coming with the LG510. And then you need to create a new profile. Over here it would be asking you to enter the lock code then you need to enter 0000 which is the default lock code. Now In Create new profile and then in the browser it would be asking for username and password just enter your mobile number without o and then enter the password. Now in the homepage you can enter the most frequently visited websites and do not touch the dial in number. It would be showing you *777 let it be as it is. And then save the profile and then it would be showing the profile 2 click on it and then set -Subscribe to any Data plan by going to Mobile Internet in R World.

Now you need to call up the customer care on the *355 and tell them that you are having the Samsung corby speed and your high speed internet mobile is working with the 1x speed and you want it to run with the evo speed and request them to activate the evdo speed and then do not say them that LG510 because that haven’t been updated in there site and they would say it is not possible for them right now.

Friend I have got the EVDO speed accessed in my LG510 and this has been possible by having a OMH sim card and then calling to the *355 and then tell them to use the Samsung corby and to activate the evdo and they would be doing that. You would be connecting your Samsung corby to pc and accessing internet say them this and then they would help you. It would take some time but the thing would be done.

I am very happy to tell you guys that LG has came up with a new software version and you guys can update your phone now. Go to menu and then settings and then intp the phone settings version information there would let you know about the version and it would be LG510F07 which would be updated to the LG510F08 by the service care. I was told that this would be solving the sluggishness and the tv volume.and I think the version would be supporting the evdo and you would be able to run it.

Hey friends this was a nice discussion thanks for making this as an useful thread and i was really expecting some of the very practical help which would be working nicely in real and thanks again to all of you for sharing your views and solution about my query and i had a contact with the customer service and they have been positive towards me and i hope my problem would be solved in a day or so.