Thread: Error message 'data is corrupted' on PlayStation 3 HDD after 3.56 update

Error message 'data is corrupted' on PlayStation 3 HDD after 3.56 update

I had bought this PlayStation 3 gaming console before six month. It works fine. Now I have performed the 3.56 firmware update on this Playstation 3. Then I the hard disk drive of the system will be make the problem. The system will be gives the error message. It shows that the 'data is corrupted' on this system. I need the solution that helps to solve such type of problem.

Re: Error message 'data is corrupted' on PlayStation 3 HDD after 3.56 update

This happen because the update firmware task did not perform very well. Then you need to first change the PS3UPDAT.PUP file name to the PS3UPDAT.BAD and then perform the re-download task again. This time make sure that the file you download is to be downloaded from the correct source site. Then try this and see what happen on it.

I have a new PS3 now all updated. If I put that HDD in my old console with the 3.56 firmware then it gives the similar kind of error message. Hence I think this is the problem related to the compatibility. What do you think friend.

This is true but it still won’t make any difference if the driver or supported file of this firmware is being properly installed on the system. Hence I think you had been necessary that first check the inbuilt supported files and drivers of the system. In this system, you can make the same things with the help of the expert choice. You can test the 3.56 firmware on the system using the several kinds of the helps.

These error codes can all be reproduced easily, and if you've tried a system restore task on this PlayStation 3 gaming console, it might be works. I hope that the system restore will restore all the previous system setting and in the response it would be works to remove the error of this system. If you can get to the system settings menu, there are restore options. Check this option and if you found it onto this system, then use it for the restoring the firmware setting of this PlayStation 3. Try this and see what happen on it.

I have read somewhere that there is an problem with this new launched firmware of the PlayStation 3 gaming console. There are few articles states that the firmware of this system will be not comfortable with this system. They also mention that there is an Firmware-BUG in 3.56 and hence there will be no new HDD accepted this firmware. If this is true then I suggest you to just check this is true or not. If this is true then you need to reinstall the previous firmware on this system. This will be making and in the impact it helps you a lot to find and then fix the actual problem of this system.

This kind of update task on the device will be making the error message and in that case, you need to perform a special task that will be work to solve this problem. I suggest you to first check the official process to perform the task and then follow it to solve your problem. You found it onto the official site as well as on the manual.