Thread: Alienware M11x R2 bluescreening intermittently

Alienware M11x R2 bluescreening intermittently

hi techarena, so i have an m11x, and since day one of receiving it theres just been problem after problem, for one the system was a little scratched, and some of the casing at the front of the system was and still is hanging open, but im relatively easy going so i dealt with that. i figured thats just a small cosmetic problem, not a huge issue considering how frequently i need access to this computer, however now there is a major issue. so a few days ago i was using internet explorer and it would just not run, it kept claiming it had stopped working and kept restarting, so i switched browsers, that problem solved. but then my steam games started randomly disconnecting when i entered a server, so i hunted for solutions to this problem, which lead to two solutions, either reinstall steam and have to re-download my games, or, go to task-manager and set the steam client priority to 'above normal', sure enough this cleared up that problem. so then more problems, now every so often steam and none steam games intermittently black out for short periods of time so i cant see anything and then will eventually return to ordinary gameplay, so okay, im a little frustrated of it all by this point since i cant find a solution for the problem, so then the big problem hits, since 2 days ago, every so often, if im just browsing the web, or playing something on steam, watching youtube, etc, the computer will lag to the point that the mouse speed slows right down, and if theres music playing, it just sounds like its going in slow motion and is readying itself to cut out, then what do you know, the computer blue-screens and i have to restart and hope it doesn't happen again, now i have not encountered anything like this before, have no idea what the solution is, and quite frankly don't want to send my unit away for a month because due to my work i cant really afford to at this point, and i also dont want to format and loose everything. namely work/steam games. whats the solution, any help would be immensely appreciated.

Re: Alienware M11x R2 bluescreening intermittently

Have you overclocked it? If yes then I think that disabling the overclock will surely work for you. I am saying this because it is possible that this is because of the unstable frequency. Just give it a try and let me know that if this was helpful to you or not.