Thread: playstation 3 cannot read any disc

playstation 3 cannot read any disc

I have play station 3 60GB version which I have purchased one year back and it is backward compatible with the playstation 2 also. But having some problem in it. the problem is when I insert the disk the blue light flashes and some time letter stops flashing and remains on. And there is no sound of spinning disc from the drive. Also the screen shows busy icon on the screen. I can do othe things with the playstation 3 like downloading from the psn store and playing games downloaded from it. but the disc of any type from dvd to blue ray is not detecting in the drive. So can anyone know what the actual problem is?

Re: playstation 3 cannot read any disc

Actual problem is with the hardware you are using the disc drive in the console can be got to old and now don’t have strength to detect the disc in the drive so I will suggest you to change the drive to the newer one.

I have faced same problem with playsation 3 few days back. So I have one solution for you which will help you to solve the problem. Try to take the backup of the entire data stored on the ps3 hard drive to the external hard drive. Now try to run the playstation 3 in the safe mode and now try to use the recovery option. After completion of this try to run the console again and enter the disc in the drive it will resolve the problem disc can be now detected by the drive.

I don’t know actually why this happens but it can be happens due to the firmware not yet been updated and due to that the new disc are not detecting. So I will suggest you to connect to the psn network and try to update the firmware of the console to the latest version. After updating the firmware check if drive is able to read the disc or not.

I have faced the same problem like yours my playstation 3 drive never detects any disk in it. Before few days it was detecting it correctly. This problem is happening to my console after the playstation 3 got the new update for it. From that time my drive is not detecting any of the discs in it. sony has to solve the problem. So it is happening due to new update itself. I will suggest other users not to update the drivers to latest one.

I think the problem is with the blu ray drive in the console itself. The lens in the drive can be having some dust over it or it is dying which is causing the problem to read the disc so if you can try to clean it. It can help you but to clean yourself the playstation need to be out of warranty. Otherwise try to go to service center they will check what will be the problem actually causing this.

I have faced the same problem of disc not getting detected by the playstation 3 drive. So I have tried to restore the settings of the playstaion 3 and it actually work for me now my disc can be detected without any problem. so run the system in the safe mode and select option 3 which will be the restore file system. It dosent cost you anything so give a try. But while doing this you need to be careful. If you choose the wrong option in it your HDD can be completely wiped out so your save game ,music,photos and psn id will also get removed. So choose correct option.

I don’t think it will be the problem with the drive you are entering in the drive. Before doing anything try to check if the drive is detecting other disc in it. Then the problem is actually with the disc you are trying to read the disc can have some scratches on it.

I have the same problem with the playstaion 3. So check if the playstation is in the warranty. If it is in it then use it.th e warranty given on playstation 3 will be around 1 year. So if you are in the warranty use it., its free and you don’t have to need to pay for solving the problem. Only problem is that the save game can be gone and the account can be deactivated.

I will suggest you to call the sony regarding the problem. You can get it replaced for some cost. But you will get only three months of the warranty.this is known as refurb in which they will reapair the console and add the new parts in it. One advantage of it is that you can get the new playstation 3 but of the same model. So try to refurb the model.