Thread: PlayStation 3: System update stuck with the error 8002F1F0

PlayStation 3: System update stuck with the error 8002F1F0

I have recently bought the PS3 online. After some days, I thought to do the software update. I tried to do that and it was going well for about 42% but after that it stopped the progress bar and shows the error message as "An error occurred during the update operation. Contact technical support." It was showing the error number as 8002F1F0. I tried to reset the PS3 but when I turned that on again then it automatically goes to the update routine and not having any problem to get it resolved. Can you tell me that how can I bypass this and then return to the PS3 menu with the intention that I will be able to accomplish the manual system software update. Thank you so much in advance.

Re: PlayStation 3: System update stuck with the error 8002F1F0

The best thing would be contact to the Apple support and ask them about the problem. But before calling them, be ready with the steps that you have tried till now and then contact the support team. Other than this, you can also try by resetting the router. Just hold down the power on button for about 5 seconds and you will hear the two beeps and your system will be reset by that. So do this and let us know if this is working for you.

You may require to do the firmware update and that can cure the problem that you are facing. I have seen that there are some of the cases where upgrading the firmware resolves the problem and so I hope that it will do the same for you as well.

Thank you so much for the reply but I have already tried with that but that do not worked for me. When I turned on that again then it runs the installation and stuck at the 45% of progress all the times and then gives me the failure error as 8002F1F0. So I don’t think that there is much to do with this. I expect that someone will reply with some good suggestion of this. Thank you.

While doing the firmware update, there are total two phases in that and that is to download the firmware and install the firmware. So, check that the first phase that is downloading the firmware completed properly and then it move on to the installation of that. Once you are confirm that the problem is on which phase then it will be easier to find the solution for this. So please reply with the phase in which you are having problem so that we can give you answer for this more specifically. I also wish that this problem will be resolved as soon as possible.

I have one solution to this problem. What I did is, when it started the update then I pulled out my HDD (a small plastic cover that is on the bottom of the PS3 and one screw) and then it goes up to 99% and gets stopped devoid of showing me any message. After that when I started that again then it l went to 45% and then directly jumps to 100%. Now I am having the system updated without any problem. You should also try to do the same and let us know if this can help you.

I think that you will have to download the latest version of the PlayStation 3 Update. I am not saying for sure that this will work for you but it can be considered as one of the possible solution for this.