Thread: How to downgrade Ipad ios version 4.3.5 to version 4.3.3 again?

How to downgrade Ipad ios version 4.3.5 to version 4.3.3 again?

Hi, I am using IPAD and previously I was using IOS 4.3.3 version in that but after seeing the new one I make firmware update but after installing that I am having too many glitches using the IPAD, in fact there are certain feature which was better in the previous version only compare to newer one thus is is possible to downgrade the firmware again?

If so then please let me know how to do this because I know how to update the firmware but I haven’t made any such relapse with the tablet.

Any suggestion would be surely appreciated.

Re: How to downgrade Ipad ios version 4.3.5 to version 4.3.3 again?

though you want to downgrade the software but let me tell you that I am also having the same software without any problem so before you downgrade It I would like to suggest you that you should mentioned the problem that you are having with the version, it might be possible that you got some appropriate solution and you won’t have to do this, but as a option you can surely do this.

But before that as I mentioned you should make yourself clear, so just try to find out the solution first, or just do whatever you wish.

I have heard that the user with 3G iPad 2 running iOS 4.3.5. would not be able to downgrading the firmware that they have installed. So are you sure that you are having the older model then only try the same rather contact to apple support center.

Off course you can do this, and as the above user mentioned you should make sure about the model first for sure and then just follow the below mentioned steps.

Step1- You have to first of all download the firmware file you want to downgrade to as mentioned you should get the iOS 4.3.3 file from the internet.

Step2- In order to carry on you’ll require to put device in DFU mode, just follow the steps for doing this and ignore if you know this.

1. Connect your device to PC, turn it off by pressing power button and slide your finger next to the red slider.
    2. Now just for 10 seconds press and hold both the power and Home buttons.
    3. Screen would appeared completely black and if you see the Itune LOGO then follow the steps again as you’re not in DFU mode yet.

Step3- once you entered in DFU mode, you have to change the host file that you can access from the mentioned directory in order to avoid it to connect to Apple’s servers.

You can find the host file in \Windows\System32\drivers\etc\ directory.
    Open it through the notepad and make some changes as put,
    74.208.105.171 gs.apple.com at last of the document and save it.

Step4- now you have to launch iTunes and pick your device from the sidebar and click on Restore by pressing Shift key.

you would be able to select the firmware file you’d like to downgrade to. So just select it and follow the steps mentioned by the Itunes and it would simply downgrade the IOS within some time.

Thanks for the suggestion and I have tried doing this and It was going fluently as you have mentioned but at last it has given 1013 error saying “throwing your device into recovery mode” what could be the problem now? Is the update made perfectly or not?

How many times this is discussed as the Apple devices doesn’t downgrade to previous versions, then why did you make such a crap?

I am completely disagree with the above user as we can do this, in fact the above mentioned technique is also perfect and when I had followed this I have gotten this error and there is a solution to this as well,

just follow the mentioned steps in order to return to standard mode:

step1 – you must have to download TinyUmbrella and Fix Recovery tool for your PC. So launched it.

step2 – As you launch the software select Exit Recovery. Once you’re finished, device should work normally.