Thread: Is OTA update available for Toshiba thrive ?

Is OTA update available for Toshiba thrive ?

Hi, I own Thrive Tablet (10-inch) from last couple of days and I was looking to update the firmware of the device but as I am not sure whether the OTA update is available or not, I know by means of PC we can simply update the software but the problem is like my machine is not working properly and there are too many viruses which doesn’t allow the machine to be connected to the internet, but I am not sure and that why I have question as whether it is possible to update the firmware through OTA ?

Any suggestion?

Re: Is OTA update available for Toshiba thrive ?

Yeah should check it on your own only, I am also not sure about the OTA because the thing is like we always used to update the firmware through the PC only and that’s the best according to me, because I don’t think the whole software gets changed after OTA update, once I have done it on my N97 but didn’t find that much difference that we can compare with the older one. And when the same thing I done with the PC and the software that I get from there was completely different.

I think only some of the settings would be changed only with the OTA update but nothing more than that, by the way can you please tell me which version you are using in your tablet right now so that I can tell you that is there any newer one available for the tablet.

I am agree with the above user as you should make firmware update through the PC only as you’ll not get any such difference after OTA update.

But if suppose you want to know whether there is any update is available or not then you can have option to get it as from your tablet settings there must be some option for the updating the firmware so you have to just click on that, as you do this the tablet will automatically find the update if there is any, but before doing this you should make sure that your internet plan is activated as it is necessary to have internet connection.

Yeah when I was searching about the same I got there is Toshiba Thrive Android 3.1 OTA update available that we can download in order to get out of the tablet sleeping issue. So as the above user mentioned you should make a search through tablet only.

I think you should get the update through the PC only though you have to wait till it gets repaired. Or else there isn’t any chance of the same you can have option to get the tablet to support center and let then update the firmware in your tablet. And no doubt it would be the best option among all, apparently better than the OTA update.

Thanks for the suggestion guys, I have made the search through tablet but it doesn’t shows the newer version though it is available.