Thread: GPU fault in Play Station 3, Rainbow colors appearing

GPU fault in Play Station 3, Rainbow colors appearing

Hey hi all, I am using PS3 slim and it now it start showing the rainbow colors in on the display. This rainbow color appears when I load a level and it goes back to the normal mode. This problem doesn’t come daily, after 2 week it comes while in the day. But before few days I was playing kz3 and during the cut scenes of the game this rainbow color appears again n the screen, and now I couldn’t able to turn it off. I think this is GPU fault due to overheating. What can I do now to turn this effect off?

Re: GPU fault in Play Station 3, Rainbow colors appearing

In this term, you should try for the different displays and cables, to make sure that this is GPU fault or there is any problem with your screen. It also might be happens that the screen is faulty or also GPU is not working properly. I think that it will does sound as if you have already tried this thing and practiced the same issues with the coloring on your screen and if this will be case then there will be some issue with your PlayStation 3 console.

In this case I will suggest you to make sure that this issue is related with your PS3 or with the screen. You can also take the help of the play station support, they will support your in case if you are getting any problem with your PS3 or with your display while using or playing games on it.

I was also having the same issue with my TV. After replacement I found that it is an hairline crack in the soldering board that expands when TV temperature went up to the certain point. Then I replace my TV because it was in the warranty period. In your case it might happens that you are also facing the same problem. And also it will be GPU fault, try to contact with the play station service center, they might help you in this case.