Thread: My PS3 is not reading disks after installing latest version of firmware

My PS3 is not reading disks after installing latest version of firmware

Here I have a problem with my PS3 and I want to share it with you people. I have PS3 of model 250gb slimline. My PS3 was working fine until I downloaded and installed latest version of firmware for it. But, now it is not reading discs. It keeps trying to eject the inserted disc from the slot made for disks. I don’t know whether it because I updated the firmware, or it is just an coincidence that it happened after updating firmware. Whatever be the reason please provide me solution for this problem.

Re: My PS3 is not reading disks after installing latest version of firmware

If you ask me then I would say it is just a coincident. Because, updating firmware is a normal thing. It won’t create this kind of problem. Let see if anyone else has the same problem as of you then probably we can find out the main reason for this.

If you want then you can try using system recovery mode, as it may solve your problem. To access recovery menu, first turn off your PS3 and then hold down the power button until system turns on and turns off once again. After that, when system will shutdown completely then re-press your finger till you get to hear two consecutive beeps. And after that take off power button and when you will get the prompt to plug in your controller via USB then just hit the PS button and you will see the recovery menu pop up.

I did what you said and I got the recovery menu popup also. But you didn’t mentioned what to do next. There are too many options here. I don’t want to take risk that’s why I am asking you to guide me completely. Your solution seems to be right.

After you get the recovery menu pop up, just try each and every option to see which can help you. Try options from “Restore Default Settings” till “Rebuild database”. None of these options will harm you after doing all these your PS3 might start working perfectly. I think this was enough to solve your problem. Hope this help for you.