Thread: Streaming MP4 playback is choppy in Sony PS3

Streaming MP4 playback is choppy in Sony PS3

Guys I have done a small experimentation in my mac system. Well I had a mp4 file in my mac system and I wanted it to be shared my the media library of the PS3. So what I did was got a software named as Playback that will turn Mac into a media server. Now the thing is that I am getting mp4 playback on my PS3 stutters but the issue is that it gets stopped and starts buffering. I don’t know what is the issue here, well the same is not the issue with my Xbox, it only happens with my PS3. Can anyone here tell me what can be the issue here. please do address me something on the same, as if what can be the solution. Please do let me know as soon as possible. I am waiting for the necessary replies.

Re: Streaming MP4 playback is choppy in Sony PS3

well it all depends on what speed are you getting, can you all tell me what speed are you getting so that I can think on it accordingly. So do tell me what other wifi devices do get connected to the wifi router? If the speed that you are getting is very much low then I am sorry to say that you will not be able to connect through the PS3, so that’s what I want to say here. so firstc heck out the speed of the wifi router through which you are connected and then only go ahead with the connection, so that’s the advise from my side for you all. hope you all will agree with it.

Ok so there should be any solution for it, don’t you think that? So what else method should I ytu out here can you please tell me about it so that I can start thinking of the different methods for the same, guys please do let me know about the same. Well the speed that I am getting is N, I think so it is a pretty descent one for streaming I really don’t think so it is very much low. Much better than G and G plus that’s what I feel here. so what suggestions do you all want to make here if you have some then do suggest me something on the same. I am waiting for the necessary response from you all on the same.

Getting a Ethernet N speed bridge will be a good option for you, that’s what I feel here. Getting a Ethernet adapter does make a lot of difference in the speed that’s what I feel. The N speed gaming adapter for the PS3 is the alternate name for the same. Well what I am saying is that in addition get a New N plus speed router if you are not having one, that will be much better that’s what I feel here. so do watch out for the same and let me know if that was of any use for you.

Going wired is a better option I feel, that’s what I want to say here. if you are talking about getting N then let me tell you that they are good in streaming no doubt but only for streaming HD movies and nothing else. Unless and until you get the router close to the PS3 that will be of no use at all. so the best option is to go wired and that will be of sure shot help for you that’s what I feel here, see going wireless is a very less preferred option simply because there are sometimes problem in the signal and hence that will give you some problems in the interface. Wired connection has comparatively less probability of getting such kind of problems, so hope that was clear for you all on the same. do let me know if you do understood what I am saying here.

Well what I can say that it is a common problem that you have come across so what I can say is that to be patient since PS 3 does have this problem. Well the problem is not at all associated with the having wired or not having wired that is completely wrong, in fact what I feel is that the streaming capacity pf the PS3 is not good at all, getting a better firmware for the PS3 would certainly be a better choice that’s what I feel. Anyways that’s upon the developers to get a better firmware for the PS3 lovers, that’s what I want to say here. Hope you all do have a good look at the same and let me know if there is something that I need to add here.