Thread: Old iPad still showing in “findmyiPad”

Old iPad still showing in “findmyiPad”

Hi friends I just have sold out my iPad, but the problem is that it is still showing in find my iPad but the thing is that it can’t be located. Is It that find my iPad still on or is it due some software malfunctioning can anyone show me some way out? Any suggestion in this regard will be most welcome from my side. I am waiting to hear it from you guys.

Re: Old iPad still showing in “findmyiPad”

restoring it to the factory setting (factory setting is the setting which is the default setting for the device I mean it is the setting you received while it was released from the factory.) Will removes it perfectly. If you have restored from the backup it will still be existing there with all your information. So one thing you could have done is that you should have restored it to the factory settings.

hey that information is I think fine but don’t you think that it’s not a wise thing from Apple Well what I mean here is if the set is stolen I thing the first thing that the person (who might have stolen it) will do is that will restore it back to the Factory setting. And then what will be the purpose of the Find my iPad? Do you know that the other apps like gadgettrak can still track your set (iPad or iPhone macbooketc) even after the Os are restored? What would you like say on this? Is it a good option from Apple well I don’t think it so?

Well that may be possible that with some applications. If you restore the set it will go back to the ‘Factory Fresh’, thus there will be no apps on the device. That’s why that function will have to be built on the iOS. At the same time I will have to say that the “Find my iPhone” is a very handy tool but like many thing it too is not perfect. Though it is better than nothing that’s all I will say.

I agree with whatever you are saying It is possible to be done by some of the app but I said it earlier that this can be done only by the third party app. Or even by the feature provided by the Apple which is not the part of the iOS. That means that it should be the part of the Apple iOS so that it can be wiped out. And the person who has lost the iPad May the credit card you purchased it with will help you recovering your losses. All the best for recovering your losses. I hope you have your issues solved.

Yeah My point of disappointment is about the insurance. I do remember that I had been offered to buy an insurance too but instead of that I bought gadgetrak .Unknowingly I have assumed gadgetrak or MobileMe will help me find my iPad in case if it is lost or maybe stolen. But I am sort of tired of doing that but I haven’t got So far, not a trace of my iPad has been found. But you just have given me a superb Idea My Credit Card may be my trump card in recovering my losses I super like your idea. Thanks for this.

No I don’t think that you were asked for buying insurance rather It might have been you were seemingly offered to buy an Applecare which extends your one year warranty for an additional year that is your warranty extends up to the total of two year. This is not insurance and it will not be recovering your losses, theft or any type of damages. All it covers is manufacturing defects am I right well whatever You can look forward for recovering the way which has been suggested to you above.