Thread: syncing iPad without losing apps with a new Laptop.

syncing iPad without losing apps with a new Laptop.

Friends I have bought a new computer but when I tried to sync it with my iPad to it asked me for the confirmation that Are you sure that you want to remove all the 43 application because it is currently synced to my old laptop. So friend I just wanted to know that if there is some way through which I can sync my laptop to my iPad without losing my apps. Any help in this regard will be most welcome. I am waiting to hear it from you.

re: syncing iPad without losing apps with a new Laptop.

You can most likely avoid downloading the apps again by means of home sharing between the two laptops. Though, using a dissimilar laptop will remove all information on the iPad and reinstate it with the info in the new laptop. I would advise you to download all the apps to the new laptop since that will syncing will be easier for you. If you are probably doing it with the same iTunes account then you can avoid then chances of paying back for the apps.

I just have made change today. For getting the apps on my new laptop I transferred all the purchased things to my new computer from my iPad. Well you should make sure that that the in the edit, preferences, Device tab section auto syncing option is off. Also You should move all the iTune folders and files to the new laptop add the folder to the library and make a selection of the moved iTune folders. I hope this is the proper help for you and this will help you out. And you will be saved from buying all the apps once again.

Well apart from this as told above you can do one more thing which is In this regard Migration assistant can also help you out. It will help you move the appropriate files from the old computer to your new computer. Migration assistant you will find in the Mac OS X. If I am thinking in the same way as you have said it is can be found in Applications/Utilities/Migration Assistant.app. I think this should resolve the issue.

For transferring information from Mac Go to Migration assistant (which you can find in the utilities folder) and then you have to follow the onscreen instruction.
    • When prompted for the mode of transfer information, chose the “From another Mac” button, and then chose the way through which you want to transfer.
    • For transferring files using a FireWire wire linked to your computers, get on to Use FireWire. Then, go behind the onscreen commands to resume your another Mac while having a hold on the down the T key.
    • For transferring files using a network, click Use Network. After that, go behind the onscreen commands to open Migration Assistant on your other computer. When you’re requested for the mode of transfer your information, select the “To another Mac” button.

I will give you some rather easier way to do that Check if it works out for you.
    go to the older computer you have and copy the apps somewhere on a memory gadget such as pendrive or something like that then duplicate them on to the new laptop. Followed by the activation of iTunes (if you are not in the need of iTunes on the old pc all you have to do is that just deactivate iTunes) then just sync as normal. Good luck enjoy your iPad with new laptop.