Thread: Unable to connect FaceTime on Apple iPad 2

Unable to connect FaceTime on Apple iPad 2

I am using the Apple iPad 2; I have also got the Apple ID for the FaceTime. When I enter the Apple ID, I get the message which says that the FaceTime Activation is been done, I was not able to sign in also. It also told that check the network connection and also to try again. My network was seems to work fine and I was able to access the Internet and also the Apple ID account from the Internet. So please help me with this problem. Thank You.

Re: Unable to connect FaceTime on Apple iPad 2

I was also facing the same problem which you are facing, I have try many process or the methods to solve it, but it does not work also. After searching for a long time, I have came across a method / way which tell how to solve the problem, which was to set the DNS address of every Apple device you are having it and also want to run FaceTime on, you have to set to DNS Address to 8.8.8.8. I think that might be able to work on the Mac Book. You better note / write down the original DNS address which could be probably 10.0.0.138.

To do this, you have to go to the settings of the iPad and then find the wireless network you are using it and then tap on the blue arrow which is next to the network name. There you will be able to access the DNS number, just change it and save the settings. Then go to the Face Time it will work now.

Yes it is correct way which the above user has told to do it. I was also facing the same problem and was not able to get the problem solved. While I was surfing on the internet, I found the same solution which the above user have been described to you. So you also try the same solution or the method which the above user has told you.

You can go on to the internet or on to the Apple Help Center to get the solution for this problem. There you might get the exact solution for your problem and also you will be able to use the FaceTime. I have not so much idea or the way to solve out this problem, as I have never came by this problem. So that is the reason I am suggesting you to go the Apple Help Center to get the problem solution and also they will provide you with better solution.

I would suggest you to go with the above user way or solution. I think that is the best way which is been provided for the users who are facing this problem on their iPad. So the decision is upon to chose, which you think is correct and also better for you also.

I am not facing such type problem with my iPad 2 as I am also using the FaceTime. I have made no change to the DNS address also. To activate the FaceTime I have gone to the Apple Store, I think they might have done the changes for me. But personally I have made no changes in the phone and also I have never faced this problem also. So I can’t give you proper advice on this problem. It is better that you try the help center, it might help.

Thank you for the suggestion and advice you have given to me. The changing of the DNS address has worked for me and now I am using the FaceTime without any problem. Thank you all once again.