Thread: Battery drains rapidly after installing iOS 4.3.3 in IPAD

Battery drains rapidly after installing iOS 4.3.3 in IPAD

I have modernized my iPad and I am facing quicker battery drainage. And before updating the firmware it was working perfectly, but don’t know what happened to it as though I charge it full it just exhaust in few time, it just don’t hold the power till the usual time even, but as it is happening after the software update itself thus I am not getting whether it is because of the firmware update or there is some problem in the hardware itself. Any idea what could be the problems, need suggestions very badly, thanks for any.

Re: Battery drains rapidly after installing iOS 4.3.3 in IPAD

yeah off course there could be any problem says as you have got it correctly, I mean to say it might be because of the firmware or there should be some hardware problem, thus according to me you should check whether all the things are working properly or not.

As there could be any problem in the device thus let assume as this is the firmware problem thus you should try to reset the device as because of the corrupted cache it just don’t function the way it suppose to be. Thus after all at this moment the best way is to reset the device. You should try to make a soft reset first and then see what happens this is same as the factory reset only, all the settings would be recover but if suppose you are still having the same problem then you can have option to make hard reset as well, because it will wiped all the data from the phone and recover older rather the default data and settings to the phone again, thus It would be better if you just make a backup of the important data so that you can simply recover it again if you want to. I used to do the same thing whenever the device gets stuck or having any such problem.

If suppose resetting doesn’t help you however so you have to trouble shoot the device and after all it would be better to begin from the software rather than the hardware thus you should try to reinstall the software again in your IPAD because it might be possible that there could be some problem in the current one, and if you have installed the latest software so you should try to reinstall the same but if you are having the same problem with that as well then better option would be to downgrade the firmware version, which you were using previously.

just follow the steps so that you can figure out whether the device hold the power even or not:

• Make sure that the power source being used is working correctly.

• If you are charging Ipad through the computer USB port so just make sure that it is a high-powered USB 2.0 port.

• Attempt the same through different USB port.

Though I have heard that the iPad Not Charging fine Via USB After Upgrading to iOS 4.3.3, so just make sure about the software version as well.

you should try to charge your IPAD through USB charger if available. Because it will make you sure that whether there is some problem with the battery in the device or the charger. So if you got any such problem with the hardware so you can simply change in and buy new one.

I am agree with the above user as you should try to charge the device again through the different charger so that you can understand that if it is getting charged full so there is some problem in the charger itself, but if not then surely there is some problem in the battery. And same as the charger you can simply make use of another battery as well like if that other battery gets charged with the charger you have that means surely you have some problem with the battery only.

Hey thanks for the replies guys as you have made but still I am not getting what could be the problem and if suppose I found any hardware not working so from where can I get another one? Do I have to purchase it or will I get the same from the support center only? and for an instance if I have to buy any so where can I get the original accessories for the IPAD?

See sometimes optimizing the settings will also make you battery life efficient to use, here are some settings that you can made :

Wi-Fi: Wi-Fi consumes much more power than other features thus you should turn it off if it is not in use.

Adjust brightness: dimming the screen is one more way to enlarge battery life on iPad.

Turn off unnecessary notifications: whenever any activity is running Ipad keep notifies us, but still we should keep them off until and unless they are necessary.

Backlight: utilize the backlight only when required or else just turn it off.

See while charging as well we have to take care of too many thing as if suppose you are charging the device while syncing the surely it might take longer to charge. And if suppose you normally charge the device for 3 Hrs, so obviously you have to charge it for longer or the battery won’t be fully charger and this might be the reason for draining. And along with this it is also depends upon our use as well, thus I would like to suggest you that you should try to visit the apple’s official website so that you can have idea about the About battery life and the battery

If you are still having this problem you should visit the support center and make replacement of your existing hardware with another one.