Thread: My data card does not work on Apple iPad 2

My data card does not work on Apple iPad 2

I am using the Apple iPad 2; I have brought the new Apple iPad 2 from the United Kingdom online store. I have brought that phone without any network carrier data plan. When I open it and inserted the SIM card which I was using it over here, then it shows me the message that this network carrier is been restricted. I am confuse with the message I am getting and want to ask that if the phone is locked then it shows such message to us? Please help me on this problem. Thank You.

re: My data card does not work on Apple iPad 2

You can try using the other sim which is of another network provider. If you are not having another sim then ask your friends to give SIM card to check on your Apple iPad 2. If then also it is not working then it might be that the Apple iPad is be not proper or it is defective. Just try it see it might work.

I was having the same problem which you are having right now. It was also the same message when I inserted the SIM data card which I was using it. The actual problem was of the SIM card which I was using it, the SIM card was been used from a long time was got rough using it. So I brought the new SIM and then it has worked for me. So you go the Network provider and get a SIM card for you, then insert it on to the Apple iPad 2. It work just give a try and see the message will go.

The iPad which you have brought is not locked, as you always get the unlocked from the online store. It might be the reason that the network provider which you are using right now might have locked your account or SIM card, just try to contact the network carrier and check out the details for you sim and might get reason for your Apple iPad. Just give a try and it will or for or it will solve your problem.

I think as the above user is saying about changing the old SIM card and get the new SIM card. Mostly it does not happen with the Apple iPad 2. Just get a new SIM card, when you are getting the new SIM card just tell them that you are using the iPad. So they give the proper card also.

If you would get the Apple iPad 2 locked then you will get the message along with locked key getting process. The online stores have declared that you will get the lock key later, after some period of time. So in that way then your phone is totally unlocked and might get network proper also. It might have the problem with the SIM card itself. Just change it.

Thank you for all the suggestion you people have given me. I got the solution for the problem; it was the SIM card which was not working on the iPad 2. So I brought the new SIM card and after that it is working very much proper and well also. Thank you very much.