Thread: GPS not working in Toshiba Thrive Tablet

GPS not working in Toshiba Thrive Tablet

I kept my Thrive following to a 2nd amaze window with Google Navigation and set it to maps and the Garmin and Evo identify satellites in a moment or less, while the Thrive is now 10 moments of looking. This is right when a startup and the 3 are side by side. Trusting this isn't an equipment issue but registering with verify. Any brainstorms prized.

Re: GPS not working in Toshiba Thrive Tablet

I did a LOT of testing; utilized applications like GPS Status and GPS Essentials to see what incident and commissioned copilot was exist (V8) also. The devices demonstrated 4 satellites, but never bolted. CoPilot continued seeking. I turned around it to Best Buy.

I attempted the same and the trade unit sees 8 satellites and secured from the chambers 90 seconds. Apparatuses all lock. CoPilot and Navigation both set area by GPS. Same product, so it had to be the unit itself. Toshiba tech upholds was great on telephone but likewise did not get back to me today as they stated they could. I in addition need to note that this unit's capacity catch is substantially more user amicable and works like it should. The different unit had a twitchy catch that needed way more force to wake up than appeared right.

This capacity bind issue is comparative to the one I am having. Whenever, I am utilizing it, for on or off, it needs more force than I would be able to utilize without getting some sort of actualize to help me press it down. I speculate I will need to profit it for an additional one. Trust you are getting what I am attempting to express. I am happy to help you.

You'll require a GPS requisition that uses a "stand-apart from everyone else" guide set, or one that unfailingly lives in your FLASH memory on the tablet. Navigon is the closest thing that I have found in any event for something with Navteq maps), but I'm not positive how "Nuvi-similar to" that will work. I'm wanting to buy that Navigon GPS provision myself subsequent to I caught that Garmin unequivocally acquired Navigon. Could not venture to tell what Garmin is determined to do now going send.

The extent that I know, when getting GPS area, you should interface to the online world. Without web association you won’t have the ability to get your area unless you have a tablet or a portable that has 3G competence but there can be no map in light of the fact that it will need web association to download maps.

I've gotten around to playing with GPS on my TT, and the recipient appears powerless. With my Motorola Atrix and TT side-by-side, and both running GPS Test application, the Moto sees and bolts on 8 satellites, while the TT sees 4 and bolts on zero. In any case this is undoubtedly not enough for me to take it back to BB. GPS is an excellent proficience on a Smartphone, but I could not venture to for the existence of me think why I require it on a tablet. I'll without a doubt exist to backpedal on everything that was said, however. I regularly do.

The GPS on the Thrive will get area without any information reciprocity. It might unequivocally take a small longer to get a starting bolt without getting a tough situation from WiFi.