Thread: Browser supporting Java/Flash for Toshiba THRiVE Tablet

Browser supporting Java/Flash for Toshiba THRiVE Tablet

I have purchased the new tablet but highly disappointed in it! Why doesn’t the browser support Java/Flash completely, because most of the sites give me these flash/java errors! I visit shipping a product without a fully functional browser is unacceptable! And also why do all the sites that I want to view their mobile version opens up. Why won’t they just ship the normal browser with the tablet? Ebay won’t work and many gaming sites also won’t work! Another problem is editing text is is just not possible, why are there no arrow keys? I’m very disappointed in Toshiba for not caring for customers!

Re: Browser supporting Java/Flash for Toshiba THRiVE Tablet

Well, first know what the problem is before complaining about the product here. Toshiba comes with the same browser that all other tablets, PCs or mobiles come with. You don’t have some half-installed browser. So, you do not want the mobile setting, have you tried changing it to desktop from the browser option? Having flash problems? If you read the error message you will see that it requires the latest version of Flash, since Flash keeps on updating, so why don’t you just update it!

If you are not happy with the stock browser you can just uninstall it and download a new browser. You can use DolphinHD browser and flash problems you need to just update them. It doesn’t take much time to update also!

You have to face the fact that this is Android tablet and not a Windows PC. Toshiba has provided enough hardware and software functionality than most other products. But if you think your tab will perform like a PC you are mistaken, its after all a tablet. Sometimes when you open too many tabs in a browser, it does get heavy and flash and Java get disconnected. So, if you want high performance you must buy a laptop.

Seriously stop complaining about the tab, I think it is the best tab. If you have problems with firefox just switch to other browsers. Download keyboard replacements from market place to solve typing problems. The most interesting feature is Splashtop. It can control my laptop with my tablet, hear iTunes and allow me to use Chrome and Firefox too. And the app is also bloody cheap for an Android application.